Community_discussions_small  

Comment

RUSSELL SQUARE TOO HEATHROW (DOMESTIC)

22 Aug 2009 kristy uk & europe09 said

Default_avatar
hi, i will be needing to get to heathrow from russell square on a sunday to be there bye 10, which form of transport would people suggest? ive heard to just get on the piccadilly line? im going from healthrow to edinbough on a domestic british medlands flight leaving at 1130am
  • 22 Aug 2009 Lissy said

Default_avatar

Yup, pretty sure it’s the piccadilly line straight through with no line switching. Well, I hope so ‘cos we’ll be doing that in reverse in 3 weeks! LOL

• 23 Aug 2009 Smileeem said

Default_avatar

Hi Kristy I have an Iphone application for transport in London. I typed your information into it. The underground is a direct route and will take 55 mins. This is for a Sunday Morning
    Russell Square 8.30am Heathrow 9.25am
    Russell Square 9.01am Heathrow 9.55am

There were other options too like bus and aboveground rail. Some where only 42 mins but still included 2 or 3 changes. Let me know if you want me to post the other options.

Hope this helps.
    I’m doing this trip in reverse in 6 days time. Pretty exciting!!

• 23 Aug 2009 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario
    quote:
    Originally posted by Smileeem:
    Hi Kristy I have an Iphone application for transport in London. I typed your information into it. The underground is a direct route and will take 55 mins. This is for a Sunday Morning
    Russell Square 8.30am Heathrow 9.25am
    Russell Square 9.01am Heathrow 9.55am

There were other options too like bus and aboveground rail. Some where only 42 mins but still included 2 or 3 changes. Let me know if you want me to post the other options.

Hope this helps.
    I’m doing this trip in reverse in 6 days time. Pretty exciting!!

What is the name of the iPhone app are you using – sounds like it’d be useful to have…

• 24 Aug 2009 Smileeem said

Default_avatar

Hi Leanne,
    The app is called London Bus, Tube and Rail Journey Planner by Malcolm Barclay. It does all types of transport in london including ferries and all. It was $1.19 (AUD) It’s been good so far, we’ll see next week when I;m using it for real.
    cheers
    Emma

• 24 Aug 2009 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

Thanks, Emma! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Aug 2009 kristy uk & europe09 said

Default_avatar

thankyou so much smileem, we have transfes from airport so we didnt need heathrow to russell square, that has made my day… now i can relax on how we were to get back to the airport!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.