Community_discussions_small  

Question

anyone thinking on going on the RTA tour late spring or early fall 2007?

16 Aug 2006 canadianguy80 asked

Default_avatar
I am interesting on going on this tour either may or june or sept.october of 2007? its a toss up between this tour european discovery and european encounter. anyone else thinking about going on any of these tours next year? let me know!
  • 18 Aug 2006 canadianguy80 said

Default_avatar

hi ashley

I havent done a contiki trip before but I have been to europe. went to italy in sept 2005. it was awesome. have you done a contiki trip or been to europe? i’m really excited for this trip. I am leaning towards the RTA tour with 3-4 days in mykonos. where are you from in the usa?

mike

• 21 Aug 2006 canadianguy80 said

Default_avatar

I am from ontario..my city boaders michigan. I am going to be travelling alone. I am 26 years old. I am very excited to do this tour. I would love to do a cruise of the greek islands after the tour but I dont think I could get enough time 0ff work. James I think you should do the RTA tour. I heard that a lof of people werent impressed with the russian/scandi tour.
    what month are you guys thinking about going?

• 21 Aug 2006 canadianguy80 said

Default_avatar

I think the new dates come out in mid november. I dont think the trip has to be paid upfront. I think it has to be paid 45 days before departure. I want to go now, this trip is all I think about..ahaahah…are you pretty sure your going on this tour or still thinking about it?

• 14 Sep 2006 dolphincass said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone!!

We (my husband & I), are planning to do the RTA around April next year, and we are like all of you – totally excited and obsessing about it!! I’ve done a fair bit of research, and think that April will be best – not too hot, not too cold, and it’s not the peak tourist season, so prices will be reasonable.
    We are booking through a travel agent, and they told us sometime in the beginning of October will be the release date for next years tours. And it can’t get here fast enough!!
    You’re right Ashley – this does look like the best tour! And I’ve heard that they let you pay it off in instalments, but if you can manage to pay it off within a certain time, they give you a discount – not sure how big of a discount though….
    This will be our first trip overseas – can anyone give us some pointers about the whole packing saga, and what is better – travellers cheques, or just withdrawing from an ATM?

Cass

• 19 Sep 2006 dolphincass said

Default_avatar

Hey Ashley!!

I’m 24, and David (my husband) is 25.

What are you doing at school? I was doing Physics at uni, but have put it on hold indefinitely to have some fun for a change!

Were you thinking of spending some time in London before the tour starts? We hope to, maybe 4 days or so – that way we can see the sights, go to Stonehenge and Bath – just do the whole tourist thing basically.

Talk to you soon, Cassy!

• 21 Sep 2006 Ginam650 said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone.
    I can’t wait to book this tour. I was leaning a lot towards the European Vista Tour, but it was a lot of days when you count getting there a couple days before and then staying after the tour a few days, I was going to be there for 30 days. I just can’t afford a full month…although I would absolutely love to.
    So I began searching again and I found the RTA tour. It sounds so amazing and goes to all the places I really want to see. I’m also thinking of staying after the tour is over and spend a couple days in Santorini.
    I’m just wondering if the flight is going to be more expensive because I’m not flying in and out of the same place. If anyone knows, maybe you can let me know.
    I’m 25 and will be traveling alone which is a bit scary, and have never been out of the Country. I’m definitely looking forward to meeting new people. I’m also debating on going between the end of April or May. I can’t wait until September or October of 07, my friends and family will have killed me because I would be talking non stop about the trip.
    I’m looking forward to meet some of the others that are interested about road to Athens trip as well.

-Gina Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Oct 2006 dan_man said

Default_avatar

im thinkin of doing the RTA or Contrasts in June or July. i havent decided yet. but whichever trip i end up doing I have to go to Spain and travel around there after. i will probably be traveling alone. would anyone be down to visit Spain after?

• 18 Oct 2006 Aussi Dale said

Default_avatar

Hey all Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Me and my mate are both 18 and are planning on goin on the RTA tour which leaves June 2. We plan on doing all the island hopping after staying 2 nights on each island before continuing on the rest of our journey.

Anyone else going on the June 2 trip? it should be an awsom tour!

• 22 Oct 2006 Aussi Dale said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    im thinkin of doing the RTA or Contrasts in June or July. i havent decided yet. but whichever trip i end up doing I have to go to Spain and travel around there after. i will probably be traveling alone. would anyone be down to visit Spain after?

Im doing running of the bulls on July 6,7,8. Are you? would be fun to meet up for a beer or 6!

• 3 Nov 2006 Tuzzie said

Default_avatar

Hey…

We are going on the 29th of May 07 on RTA. There are 3 of us chicks from Aussie…

Have you decided on when you are going as yet?

Tuzz

• 25 Dec 2006 NorthWestGirl07 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone! I am super excited about this tour! This is my first time going over seas! I am thinking either in late june or early sept. Not sure yet! But maybe i will be touring with you all! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

-Shelby

• 30 Dec 2006 newygirladele said

newygirladele

Hello all, My name is Adele, 23 from Newcastle Australia and i am doing the RTA plus mykonos in 2007. I am in the process of working out the dates. It would be great to chat to some of you guys and hear any advice… I will be basing myself in london after that but continuing on a working holiday. I am going solo and if anyone is doing something similar drop me a line. Ciao

• 19 Feb 2007 Maral said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone! My name is Maral from Toronto (Canada) 27 yrs old…going solo but I’m not sure if I’m going on the RTA tour on June 9th or 12th. Anyone else going on any of these dates? Can’t wait!!! Might do the optional Mykonos afterwards…

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.