Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Berlin, Prague and Vienna June 25 2010

29 Jan 2010 Reanne said

Default_avatar
Me and my husband are going on this tour and just want to meet people before we go! I've been on COntiki tours before..... can't wait!
  • 10 May 2010 cdn-john5 said

Default_avatar

Hi Reanne,
    I’ve been posting on the Berlin to Budapest string (June 25th), because I thought I’d do the full trip. Now I’m ending earlier (in Vienna), and it’s confirmed! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I think Contiki puts them all together anyways, and we would just say goodbye to the group on July 4th instead of 6th, but I could be wrong…..

• 11 May 2010 adventure_s33ker said

adventure_s33ker

Hi Reanne,

I’m going on the June 25th trip and I am very excited too! First Contiki trip, and first trip to Europe!

Have you done any research?

• 24 May 2010 Reanne said

Default_avatar

Hey John! I’m pretty sure you’re right. They’ll put us all together and then we’ll say bye to everyone in Vienna. I’m really looking forward to it. My husband will be turning 31 on the trip. I noticed you said you’re 34 on the other forum. He will be glad to know it’s not all really young people on the trip.

• 24 May 2010 Reanne said

Default_avatar

Hey John and adventure. Just an fyi. go to wikitravel.org and look up the cities. Tons of info and you don’t have to waste your money on a travel guide for the city. The last trip I went on we had a really good guide too so even if you don’t do much research they should be able to let you know where to go.

• 24 May 2010 adventure_s33ker said

adventure_s33ker

Thanks Reanne! I already have some ideas about Berlin and Prague, but haven’t really done a lot of research on Vienna, so I’ll check it out!

Also, I’m 28, so I’m also glad to know there will be some slightly older tour mates Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Angela

• 25 May 2010 cdn-john5 said

Default_avatar

It’s going to be an awesome time, at the perfect time of year. I’ve never been to eastern europe before so the whole ‘newness’ of it for me is really sweet too.

Yes guys, I might stand out because I’ll be the one in the rascal scooter who talks all day about his grandkids and his bad hip.
    Razzer<!--graemlin::p--> I’m just playin’
    [hee hee]

• 1 Jun 2010 Big Serg said

Default_avatar

We (my wife and I) are looking forward to this trip and meeting everyone!! We are in our late 70s, so this will be a slow-paced tour for us Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> j/k: wife is 27 and I am 33. We are going to have a GREAT trip!!! This will be our 4th Contiki trip. Anyone for a Jager Bomber?

• 3 Jun 2010 cdn-john5 said

Default_avatar

lol – nice, Big Serg – someone else is picking up my silly sense of humour.

So whereabouts is everyone from? I don’t think anyone has mentioned it on this smaller group (i.e. versus the bigger Berlin to Budapest June 25 page).

I’m originally from Toronto, but now I live in ‘cottage country’, almost half way between Toronto and Ottawa (in Ontario,Canada, if you’re unaware).

P.S. I found this countdown timer today: http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcount.html

I just put in June 25,2010 at the top, and clicked ok. And then you can choose to have the Alternate Display as a little window on the desktop. Yes, it’s a wee bit obsessive, but it helps alleviate stress at work Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 7 Jun 2010 adventure_s33ker said

adventure_s33ker

Hey John & Big Serg,

Oh, is there another forum for this trip as well? I’ll have to check that out.

I’m from Austin, TX, live music capital of the world. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’m big into music, so I would like to check out some places in Prague I’ve been reading about.

Thanks for the countdown timer…now I’ll never get any work done for the next 18 days Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 15 Jun 2010 Reanne said

Default_avatar

Hey Angela, i just posted a reply to you on the other site. I just noticed you’re from Austin. One of my best friends just moved there! She’s also really into music and is getting into the business (promoting, etc.) over there. I wonder if you’ve ever met her? hhmm
    Reanne

• 16 Jun 2010 adventure_s33ker said

adventure_s33ker

Hey Reanne,

I’m actually in the video game industry, but love music (and am jealous of your friend! Would love to be a part of the music industry). We’ll have to chat & see if she and I have crossed paths. It’s a very friendly, small community, so there’s a chance. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

See you next week!

• 16 Jun 2010 adventure_s33ker said

adventure_s33ker

Is anyone here planning on doing the bike tour in Prague? I love biking, so I may sign up for this.

• 16 Jun 2010 cdn-john5 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by adventure_s33ker:
    Is anyone here planning on doing the bike tour in Prague? I love biking, so I may sign up for this.

Yes, I’m totally planning on it (unless it’s raining Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I haven’t taken my bike out in ages, but when in Prague, it’s like: who could pass up the chance!

Anyone else?

P.S. I just went to the Contiki page for the trip, and the biking is part of the tour (i.e. no extra cost… yay!) Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.