Community_discussions_small  

Comment

September 28, 2008 tour starting in Riga.....

1 Feb 2008 Kam said

Kam
Anyone thinking about taking this tour? My best friend and I are going to fly into Warsaw and check out Poland, Belarus and Lithuania for a few days before departure. Its kinda far off, but we can't wait!
  • 18 Feb 2008 Explorer1090236 said

Default_avatar

Hi Kam

I am also booked on the 28 September tour – can’t wait either! I was thinking of maybe flying London-Talinn and checking that out before heading to Riga.

The only thing I’m worried about is the likelihood of the trip being cancelled for lack of numbers (seeing as thought it is the last one of the year and nearing winter). That happened to a friend of mine like three times. I hope our tour’s ok though!

See you in September!

Michaela

• 5 Mar 2008 Kam said

Kam

Hey Michaela, sorry it took me so long to respond.

I know what you mean about the cancellation thing. Its the only thing holding me back from buying my plane tickets. And what really worries me is that this tour has been absent from the website for months! I only knew about it from the hard copy of the Contiki brochure sent to me in the mail. If people don’t know about it, they obviously can’t book….. Red Face<!--graemlin::o-->X

So you are flying out of London? I will be leaving out of Florida. My best friend and I settled on going to Oktoberfest first (Orlando to Munich). We are going to get there Friday (9/26), enjoy the festivities through the weekend, and then fly to Riga the morning of the 29th to start the tour.

Can’t wait!!!

• 30 May 2008 Kam said

Kam

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! This date is now a guaranteed departure! Who else is going?!?!?

• 2 Jul 2008 Carmen said

Default_avatar

I realise I’m about a month late… but I’ll be there! My friend and I just booked our seats.

Excited!

Anyone else??

• 16 Jul 2008 Kam said

Kam
    quote:
    Originally posted by Carmen:
    I realise I’m about a month late… but I’ll be there! My friend and I just booked our seats.

Excited!

Anyone else??

Awesome Carmen. Can’t wait to start the tour! Have you gotten your “Letter of Invitation” yet?

• 5 Aug 2008 Explorer1105405 said

Default_avatar

Hey Kam

Yeah we have received our letter of invitation, visas should arrive any day now! See you in Latvia!

Lauren (Carmens friend)

• 23 Aug 2008 ktoncontiki said

ktoncontiki

hi guys i just booked my flight to riga and im actually arriving the night before it all begins. (the 28th) do you know anyone who is arriving early, maybe we could go get a bite to eat? i am travelling by myself so would love to have someone to keep me company!
    katie

• 25 Aug 2008 Explorer1110797 said

Default_avatar

Hi,
    fully paid for this tour but still waiting for the letter of invitation. All I got was a form I had to send back to Geneva in order to get that letter of invitation…but nothing yet.Did you get your letter of invitation together with your contiki vouchers? How long did it take? Read some visa service agencies do their own letter of invitation (for an extra fee), should I go for that if I don`t hear from Contiki within the next few days? Tour starts in 5 weeks and I don`t want to miss it because of the visa!
    Heike

• 25 Aug 2008 Kam said

Kam

Heike:

My best friend and I are in the US and we used ZVS.com, the visa agency Contiki recommended. It turned out to be quite expensive ($130 for the Visa, $60 for the Letter of Invitation, $25 for the overnight shipping fees and a $74 administrative fee to ZVS, for a total of $289), but the process was very simple and went very smoothly. We got our visas and letters back in about two weeks, which was great because it normally takes longer (about 4 weeks). However, we explained to them that we were going to Colombia next week and needed our passports back, so they accommodated us.

Just as a heads up, the Visa application is fairly rigorous and it took me a few hours to complete. Plus Contiki will not give you a letter of invitation, just a list of hotels and the dates we will be there. You need to attach that list of dates/hotels to the application because that is how the agency produces the Letter of Invitation. The letter must be in Russian, so that is where the $60 fee comes in.

Hope this helps…

• 26 Aug 2008 Explorer1110797 said

Default_avatar

Thanks, Kam!
    Visa procedure sounds complicated …but as you guys got it I`ll surely get it too – somehow.
    This will be my 5th Contiki trip and it has never been so hard to get things organised!
    Heike

• 28 Aug 2008 Explorer1110797 said

Default_avatar

All sorted! Got invitation letter from Contiki and applied for Russian visa. Looking forward to the tour now.
    Heike

• 28 Aug 2008 Kam said

Kam

Great!!! See you in less than a month!

• 29 Sep 2008 Sammy B said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone!

I think i am on your tour but i start in Moscow! Hopefully see you all in a few days!

Sam

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.