Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Whirl - Departing 24.09.2007

17 Dec 2006 Sally said

Default_avatar
Hello! So exciting!!! I'm doing a tour of great britain/scotland/ireland followed by four days in london finishing up with a euro whirl departing 24.09.2007 before stopping in hong kong on the way home. Would love to know some people before I go.

Aussie Sal Big Grin
  • 7 Jan 2007 Kelie said

Default_avatar

My best friend and I are doing the European Whirl. We leave the U.S. on Sept 22nd and return on Oct. 11th. Is this the same trip you are doing?

• 13 Jan 2007 Sally said

Default_avatar

Hi Kelie! Yes, you guys are on the same trip as me! Cool! Really looking forward to it, got my new luggage already and looking at new digital cameras. I am travelling alone until I get to hong kong (meeting my man and parents there) so it would be great to have some new friends before I go. If you want to drop me a line you can do so at ccircus@bigpond.com.au. Sal Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Feb 2007 Wella said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

I am also going on this tour. Booked it today, so I am getting really excited. I will be spending 2 nights in London before the tour and then 4 nights again after the tour. My first time overseas so a little nervous as well (as I am going by myself).

If you want to chat email me at louella@ozemail.com.au

PS I am a 25 year old female from Australia (in case you were wondering)

• 17 Feb 2007 Sally said

Default_avatar

Hi Wella, Where in Qld are you from? I am in Mackay. I’m doing a tour of great britan before europe but will be in london four days between my two trips so we will definitely have to catch up. I am 28 and will be travelling on my own until my stop in hong kong on the way home where I meet my other half and parents. Would love to catch up before the tour starts. Sal Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Feb 2007 Euro traveler said

Default_avatar

Hi Sally and Wella, I am Wendy. I am Kelie’s best friend and as she said we are traveling on the same tour. I am so exciteed to have the chance to talk with you guys before we go. I have talked to a whole bunch of people that have either done the Contiki tours before or have been tour guides on them and everyone says that it will be a really good time. I’d love to chat with you two and get to know you. Please email me at wendy10983@yahoo.com. I will be turning 24 while we are in europe and live in New Hampshire. Its a dinky little state in eastern US where it is cold 9 months out of the year. This is my first time every traveling over seas and have been told that Ausie’s are problably the best people to get to know. I look forward to chatting with you.
    Wendy

• 20 Feb 2007 Wella said

Default_avatar

Oh its sad…I might not be going on this trip anymore. I was checking the site last night and realised that it said that the trip was no longer availiable (I am guessing it has filled up), and I emailed my travel agent to see if I got on it, and he said that he had put a request in for me and it just waiting to hear back from Contiki.

Keep your fingers crossed, I hope I made it, if not I will have to go and organise different flights and all that.

• 24 Feb 2007 Euro traveler said

Default_avatar

Hey Wella, I have got my fingers crossed for you. When my travel agent first told me the trip was booked up i thought she meant that Kelie and I weren’t able to go and I freaked out. Then she told me that it was booked and I was going. I was so relieved and excited so I hope you are going. Well keep us posted.
    wendy

• 28 Feb 2007 Wella said

Default_avatar

Ahh I missed out on this trip which I was bummed about but not much that I can do. At least you know now that it is a full trip and will no doubt be heaps of fun. I have booked for the Whirl departing on the 17th of September now so that I can still go to Oktoberfest. ha ha ha

• 4 Mar 2007 Kelie said

Default_avatar

Wella I’m so sorry to hear that you did not make it on this trip.

• 16 Mar 2007 Melly2 said

Default_avatar

Hi There! I’m Melissa, 24 from Melbourne Australia. I’m thinking of doing the Eurpoean Wirl 24/9, then spending a couple of nights in London after the trip. I haven’t booked yet, as I’m not 100% sure about going alone. After reading your messages I’m a little more confident as I wont be the only one alone! Haven’t been to Europe before so it will be very exciting!!
    If anyone wants to email me its:
    melissa.hagley@yahoo.com.au
    Hopefully I will see you on the trip!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Mar 2007 Wella said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Melly2:
    Hi There! I’m Melissa, 24 from Melbourne Australia. I’m thinking of doing the Eurpoean Wirl 24/9, then spending a couple of nights in London after the trip. I haven’t booked yet, as I’m not 100% sure about going alone. After reading your messages I’m a little more confident as I wont be the only one alone! Haven’t been to Europe before so it will be very exciting!!
    If anyone wants to email me its:
    melissa.hagley@yahoo.com.au
    Hopefully I will see you on the trip!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Hey there Melly,

This tour is actually booked out. I had booked for this tour but missed out so I had to book another tour. I am booked on the 17th of September…so come on that one…it goes to Oktoberfest still. ha ha ha

I am a 25 year old female from Queensland.

• 18 Mar 2007 Wella said

Default_avatar

Ok I just checked the info about the tours and it seems that this tour is no longer booked out. Hmmm now I am spewing, cos I am already booked on the other tour. Bugger. That sucks.

Oh well Melly hope you get on the tour now.

• 11 Apr 2007 Kelie said

Default_avatar

So I finally got my internet back and I’m def looking forward to talking with you all. Please e-mail me at KelieJean@aol.com… hope to talk soon…

• 27 May 2007 Gold Coast_Kel said

Gold Coast_Kel

Hi All,
    Are you all going on the guaranteed departure tour on the 24th? there are two tours going now, one with a guaranteed departure and one without, i missed getting into the guaranteed departure so im planning on the one withour, drop me a line if you are in the same boat as me. I hope we get enough ppl interested for the tour so its not cancelled.

Kel

• 13 Jun 2007 ahintz said

ahintz

Hey everyone – I just booked this trip; it was in “request status” when I called, which meant they had to forward the booking to London to get confirmation, which took a day. They didn’t mention anything about multiple trips going at the same time or that it wasn’t guaranteed, though I didn’t think to ask either Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->. Looking forward to seeing some, if not all, of you in September!

—Andrew
    Sacramento, California

• 20 Jul 2007 ezz said

Default_avatar

HI all my name is Erin, and it sounds like my friend shelley and I are comming on the same trip as you guys, we’re so excited!. We are also doing the Great Britan / Southern Ireland tour leaving on the 6/09/07. Feel free to drop me a line if you wanna have a chat elcinglis@hotmail.com
    Can’t wait to meet all of you

• 14 Aug 2007 Jo* said

Default_avatar

Hey! I’m so stoked, I just booked this tour yesterday (so I’m guessing I’m in the 2nd group? How do you know?). Anyway, I’ll be in various parts of europe from August 30 to November 30 (which is as long as I get without a visa, haha), so if anyone wants a travel buddy before or after the trip, let me know! See you in September! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 14 Aug 2007 Jo* said

Default_avatar

Sorry for the double posting but… Sally, I’ll be heading to Hong Kong after my trip too! My family lives there as well! I’ll be in London from about the 18th, so if anyone gets there early let me know!

• 17 Aug 2007 LauraGiusto said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone im soooo lost but i think this is the same trip im on. Im leaving from canada on the 22 of september so im thinking that the timing fits lol. Has anyone been on a Contiki tour before? This will be my first. Im going with my best friend and were leaving from Toronto. Im really looking forward to meet everyone hope you all have a great weekend.

Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> Laura

• 17 Aug 2007 ahintz said

ahintz

Laura,

You have the right trip! North American travelers fly out on the 22nd but the coach leaves on the 24th. There will be a pretour meeting the night of the 23rd in the Contiki Basement.

—Andrew

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion