Community_discussions_small  

Comment

LAX Airport

4 Jan 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey
I have a 6 hour stop over at LAX does anyone have any suggestions of what I could do in my spare time there?
  • 5 Jan 2011 NaHdz said

NaHdz

I really hate to tell you this but LAX is seriously one of the worst airports! So i’m afraid it’s going to be a long 6 hours for you..

• 18 Jan 2011 Jess said

Jess

Check out lacitytours.com
    or google lacity tours (not 100% on the website).. but they over tours of LA designed for people with long layovers at LAX – theres a shorter option too, thats what i plan on doing. I have a 15hour layover when i travel later in the year!!

• 6 May 2011 guthrdav said

guthrdav

How does staring at a departure board for the duration sound? Cause thats pretty much all you going to do. I got an 8 hour stop over and all i plan on doing is moving from the gate i arrive at to the gate i need to be at and sleeping till the plane arrives. My Travel Agent could have given me a 2 hour stop over and said ‘Look, you will miss your flight if we do that.’ From what i heard…its better to play it safe then be sorry.

• 23 May 2011 katharinexoxo said

katharinexoxo

I had a 5 hour layover at LAX and it was pretty boring haha. The only thing I can say is that if you want to eat, do it before you go through security because we got past security and there were like no food outlets whatsoever at the terminals! We ended up going back out, eating then having to go through security again haha. Other than that, sitting at your terminal is a fun option… Make sure your iPod is charged!

• 12 Jun 2011 GatorBrett1 said

GatorBrett1

I had a 5 hour layover at LAX two years ago. I decided to take the bus (I forget the name) to the Santa Monica Pier. I walked around a bit, ate dinner, checked out the beach, etc. It was good because it was pretty close to the airport (with no traffic worries)

• 16 Jun 2011 Monty said

Default_avatar

Ive got a three hours between flights. Flying from Australia, stopover then flying to Denver. I’m hoping three hours will be enough to clear customs, assuming I have to go through customs in LAX.

• 18 Aug 2011 Kaznagan said

Kaznagan

take a book, and enjoy some people watching because there is definately not much to do at all! i had a 5 hour wait going home from new york and at least at the new york air port i got my nails done!!!

• 18 Aug 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

If you have an ipod or iphone or other like device check out these two apps –
    Gateguru and Point Inside – they’ll tell you what is where in the airport.
    I’m pretty sure Gateguru works offline, but not sure about Point Inside.

• 18 Aug 2011 JulieInSanDiego said

JulieInSanDiego

Just be sure that if you leave the airport you allow enough time to get back and get through security. depending on what time you are going out in Los Angeles the traffic can be terrible. I’m in San Diego and I know that getting through security in our airports can invovle really long lines too, so don’t assume that getting back with 1 hour to get to your gate will be enough time becasue it might easily mean you will miss the conencting flight.

• 19 Aug 2011 LeonNZ88 said

LeonNZ88

ok i have done this a few times check in your bags or put them in storage at the airport. then go outside and catch one of the many free hotel transfers to the hilton, holiday inn etc. then find a city bus timetable (cant remember the name but you will find it) at the motel this is a free service that runs on tips that does a round trip every hour. times are to the minute with about 10 stops you will want to go to manhatten beach and the mall this will easily kill a few hours. but as above allow time to get thru secuity checks for ur next flight you dont want to miss it and have an even longer wait :)

• 21 Aug 2011 Skye said

Default_avatar

I have a 12 hour stop over at LAX. I plan on finding somewhere to store my luggage and getting the bus to either Santa Monica Pier or to Venice Beach.

• 21 Aug 2011 sparkyuk said

sparkyuk

i had a 8 hour stop over 2 years ago and by the time i got thrue airport security and all that it took about 1,30 hours and then just had a sleep at the gate i am taking a pillow so i can get some sleep by the depart gate and 2 hours is not long to get thrue the airport and if u fight runs late getting to lax u will miss u next flight so u need a min stop over of 4 hours and i know stop overs suck but o well just make u shore ur i pod is full charged before u live where ever u coming from

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion