Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Concentration Camps

8 May 2009 livedreamhopekel said

livedreamhopekel
Hi guys, this may seem like a really strange / weird / morbid question - im not that bad really! I do however have a interest in seeing the site / places of history from that erra like concentration camp sites - can anyone help with info on where / what tour if any etc etc???

Thanks!
  • 8 May 2009 Richard said

Default_avatar

I know that some of the Concept tours stop at Mauthausen Concentration Camp on the way from Vienna to Munich.

I’m not sure about the Superior tours.

I hope this helps.

• 8 May 2009 retrospeck said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the Eastern Road in a few weeks and we go to Auschwitz.

• 9 May 2009 CatherineOz said

Default_avatar

I did a 21 Day camping tour last year and we stopped at Mauthausen, there was also another Contiki tour there at the saem time-the one that stays in cabins.

• 9 May 2009 Jeremy said

Jeremy

We went to Dachau on the European Whirl on the way from Prague to Munich. I have to say that it is not a part of the tour outline though. We convinced our TM to take us instead of having more time in Munich. Since we were only in Munich for one night we only had an hour and a half in the city before we went to the beer hall as a result.

• 9 May 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

My euro discovery tour we stopped at Dachau instead of going white water rafting. Some tours will go, but you can’t count on it unless it’s listed as part of the tour.

• 10 May 2009 BumbleBee said

Default_avatar

My European Highlights tour went to Dachau the morning after we visited the Munich beer hall…very sobering

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion