Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Italian Espresso September 17th Departure

28 Apr 2010 Explorer1162570 said

Explorer1162570
My name is Lee-Ann and I am from Toronto, Canada. I'm 27 and can't wait for my first time in Europe. Is anyone else going to this particular trip? It would be great to get to know people beforehand.
  • 28 May 2010 Explorer1182389 said

Default_avatar

Hi! My name is Susan. I’m from CT, US. My husband Rick & I will be this tour. His first time in Europe and both of our first times in Italy. Very excited!

• 30 Jun 2010 Explorer1162570 said

Explorer1162570

Hi Susan and Rick…I am travelling with my boyfriend Mike. This will be our first time in Italy too. Have you ever done a contiki trip before? This is our first one. So excited!!!

• 30 Jun 2010 Explorer1182389 said

Default_avatar

No, I’ve never done it but a few of my co-workers have and they loooved it. They’re both our age too. The only negative thing I’ve heard from them was some of the hotels can be a little dumpy but those were in Greece and somewhere else they went, not Italy. The hotels in Italy were great according to them.

Very excited to go. We booked 3 extra nights in Rome after the tour ends b/c Rick has family out there and we’re hoping to meet up with them.
    side note: My sister-in-law is living out in Pescara for the summer and she said to bring an electrical adaptor b/c all the outlets are different there.

• 2 Jul 2010 Lainey said

Default_avatar

I’m going as well! I’m 24 from Toronto.

I was going to go on the tour alone, but a friend of mine decided to come with me last minute.

We just booked the tour a few days ago and we’re very excited!

• 7 Jul 2010 Explorer1162570 said

Explorer1162570

Thanks for the advice about the electrical adaptor Susan; I am jealous that you’ll get to stay an extra four nights in Rome!

And nice to meet you on here Lainey. I am also coming form the Toronto area (I live in Hamilton) Can I ask if you have booked your flight out yet? I really am unsure as to what airport to fly into. I obviously will be flying out of Toronto though. I have the opportunity to leave a couple of days before we all meet up on the Saturday, so maybe I can get a better flight deal leaving Toronto during the week. I have kind of shopped around and it looks like the average flight roundtrip is about one thousand Canadian. Have either of you gals found anything better than that?

• 27 Jul 2010 Explorer1162570 said

Explorer1162570

I can’ t seem to find the facebook group. If you copy and paste a link to this post, then I can join it.Thanks!

• 28 Jul 2010 Lainey said

Default_avatar

I got the airfare for $900 something using air transat. I know that air transat is terrible, but the price difference was about $400-$500 for air canada! And I figured that the aeroplan points earned from the trip wasn’t worth the price difference!

I’m flying from YYZ since I live like 5 minutes away from it haha.
    I am flying to Rome and on the return trip I am flying from Venice or wherever the last stop in this tour is.
    It was the same price so I figured why not, that why I don’t have to bus back to Rome.

quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1162570:
    Thanks for the advice about the electrical adaptor Susan; I am jealous that you’ll get to stay an extra four nights in Rome!

And nice to meet you on here Lainey. I am also coming form the Toronto area (I live in Hamilton) Can I ask if you have booked your flight out yet? I really am unsure as to what airport to fly into. I obviously will be flying out of Toronto though. I have the opportunity to leave a couple of days before we all meet up on the Saturday, so maybe I can get a better flight deal leaving Toronto during the week. I have kind of shopped around and it looks like the average flight roundtrip is about one thousand Canadian. Have either of you gals found anything better than that?

• 1 Aug 2010 Explorer1200151 said

Default_avatar

Hi tourmates, I’m Pam from Northern California! I just booked this tour! Anyone also going this solo?

• 2 Aug 2010 Explorer1201184 said

Default_avatar

So are you all refering to the tour that starts in Rome on the evening of the 18th Sept?

• 2 Aug 2010 Explorer1200151 said

Default_avatar

Yes, are you joining us too? This will be my first Contiki trip. Thanks for setting up the facebook group, Susan!

• 3 Aug 2010 Explorer1201184 said

Default_avatar

I sure will be. This is my first contiki and first trip to europe

• 16 Aug 2010 Explorer1200151 said

Default_avatar

Will you also be traveling before/after the tour? Less than a month to go!

• 17 Aug 2010 Explorer1201184 said

Default_avatar

Yeah we will be. Going to finish the tour in venice instead of heading back to rome. Spend a week up north visiting family and making our own way around then head down south for a week and a 1/2.

• 25 Aug 2010 Explorer1201963 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone!! I’m in this trip too! I’m Aline from Brazil and I’m going solo. (like you Pam!) This will be my first contiki and first time in Europe!! And I’m very excited too!!

• 27 Aug 2010 Explorer1200151 said

Default_avatar

Hi Aline! Will you be doing any traveling in Italy before or after the tour?

• 28 Aug 2010 Siti said

Default_avatar

Hello everyone!
    My name is Siti from Singapore. I am 25 and will be travelling solo. I just booked the trip like few hours earlier and am totally excited. This will be my first time to Europe and solo. By the way, any of you made any travel plans prior or after the Italy trip? I booked the 5 days London Explorer before going on to Italy.

• 29 Aug 2010 Explorer1200151 said

Default_avatar

Hi Siti! I will be staying in Rome for 3 nights after the tour. I will also be in Italy about a week before the tour starts to explore Milan and Cinque Terre. =)

• 7 Sep 2010 CarolynFL said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone! My name is Carolyn! I am also going solo on this tour and i will be staying in Italy one night extra after the tour! I am so excited for the trip and to meet everyone!

• 8 Sep 2010 Explorer1162570 said

Explorer1162570

Hi all,
    The trip is just around the corner! I am so excited!!! I am heading down one day early and staying for one extra day in Rome after the trip is done, and I was just wondering if anyone can reccomend or suggest a hotel? I really don’t know what type of accomadation to pick, and even what part of the city to pick it in…any suggestions?

• 10 Sep 2010 Explorer1207846 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,

I’m Lauren from the DC area. I just booked my trip last minute and I’m traveling solo too. I’ve never been to Italy and I’m so excited.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.