Community_discussions_small  

Comment

prague

2 Sep 2010 hope'n'nell said

Default_avatar
I am staying in prague for 2 days & i'm just wondering how much koruna I'll need. Any advice?
  • 2 Sep 2010 AstroPhys said

Default_avatar

I just tried to use my credit card as much as possible since it does not charge any type of fees while using it there.

It’s really hard to say since most people are out and about on the town during the day and then do a pub crawl at night. I only took out 1,000, which I think is about $50? I’d have to google it. That was enough for a night of drinking and a meal or two.

You really need to spend all the money you take out while you are there because they are very hard to exchange later. Your manager will state on the bus when you are at the last gas station that will accept the currency. I think they usually have a collection of coins that are left over to donate to charity or to buy someone a big mac.

• 4 Sep 2010 hope'n'nell said

Default_avatar

Yeah i was thinking around that figure. Thanks for the advice mate. Much appreciated.

• 4 Sep 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au
    quote:
    Originally posted by AstroPhys:
    I only took out 1,000, which I think is about $50? I’d have to google it. That was enough for a night of drinking and a meal or two.

Wow really??? That’s awesome cheap!!! Glad I’ve got 4 nights in total in Prague!!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 8 Sep 2010 Jennifer J. said

Default_avatar

My partner and I took out like $80 worth and that lasted us the entire two days. There are ATMs easily found in the city, so I would take out a little to start and if you spend it all, just take out a little more.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion