Community_discussions_small  

Question

What is everyone doing in London??

16 Aug 2008 Nyclizzo asked

Nyclizzo
Hey...just wondering what everyone was doing the first day in London (being that we are on our own)...I am looking into the bus tour www.originaltour.com...they have a hop on hop off type of touring style, with a free river cruise...Also, if anyone knows...what time is the pretour meeting usually the night before the tour leaves? Thanks a million Smiler
  • 19 Jun 2009 Oluwadarra said

Default_avatar

Haivng lived in London for 10 months, these are the things I’ve done more than once because they are so worth it:
    Westminster Abbey: go to an evening service, see the boys’ choir and get in FREE
    Tower Bridge: so iconic…you really can’t miss it. entry is 7 pounds but you can walk under and take pics for free.
    Camden Town Market: goth/punk area of London – seriously the best shopping, particularly if you have a budget that doesn’t allow for Oxford Street – lots of jewellery, neat fashions and great food.
    Harrods: you don’t have to spend anything…it’s worth it just for a butcher’s (butcher’s hook – look, Cockney rhyme). if you are lucky you’ll get to sample some chocolates in the confection room…also check out Tiffany’s jewellers, the multi-million dollar Egyptian staircase and the outrageous designer shoe displays)
    Finally, the three free museums: Victoria and Albert, Science, and Natural History – are all clearly signposted from South Kensington tube station, and are well-worth a few hours.
    Other free excursions are:
    A walk along Southbank, see the changing of the guard at Buckingham palace, 11am each morning and the Peter Pan Statue in Kensington Gardens.
    Kew Gardens is expensive, but well-worth the 14 pound entrance fee.
    I could go on forever! It’s been said that when a man is tired of London he is tired of life.
    If you have longer to spend here, pick up Spotlight on London tour guide book. Very helpful indeed!

• 1 Aug 2009 Free_Spirit said

Free_Spirit

Hey guys,

Thanks so much Oluwadarra! I’m going on the Euro Magic from 5-14 Dec 2009 but booked 3 days extra in London. Your post gave me loads of ideas, can’t wait! It’ll be my first time overseas from Afica.

Have a splendid weekend!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion