Community_discussions_small  

Comment

New York Hostels

14 Aug 2010 aymeh! said

Default_avatar
Can anyone recommend a decent hostel close to the Skyline Hotel (contiki hotel)?
  • 5 Sep 2010 Melanie said

Melanie

hi there,
    i stayed at the ‘candy hostel’ i think it was. It was quite good, it was uptown. I think my contiki hotel to leave from was in times square but i just jumped on the subway down, nyc is very easy to travel in, it really wouldn’t matter where you stayed.

• 11 Sep 2010 veedub89 said

veedub89

Ive heard the broadway hostel and hotel is a good one. That’s where we are planning to stay in-between finishing the grand southern and starting the grand northern

• 11 Sep 2010 aymeh! said

Default_avatar

Thank you Veedub for your positive response…ive also been looking at the big apple hostel just thought id see if anyone had others to suggest

• 12 Sep 2010 Clare82 said

Clare82

i have booked at the Big Apple.. unfortunately cant let you know what its like.. but it looks good and is an awesome location! its also only a few blocks from the contiki hotel

• 12 Oct 2010 Mel said

Mel

I stayed at the columbus circle hostel… For my purpose it was great. ALl I wanted was a cheap room to have my stuff, a bed and a bathroom. It was really close to the subway which was great and right near central park. I did get a taxi to the skyline because i discovered the night before when i went to the predepartue meeting that the closest tube stop had way too many stairs to lug my suitcase up..
    I would definatly reccoment a hostel because $30-40 a night compared to $200 is great

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.