Community_discussions_small  

Question

NOT TAKING HEELS??

10 May 2007 Bree 24aus asked

Default_avatar
Hi

just thought i'd put it out to you all..

my sister reckons not to take high heels at all. Just to take a pair of hard soled, bronze thongs.

I did buy a pair of black-and-cork wedges.
But they were a bit gross so i took them back.

I read on here that there's usually a fair walk from accomodation to restaurants, about 1km or so. So your shoes would need to be pretty comfy.

what do you think??
  • 10 May 2007 MissTiffy said

Default_avatar

I’m definitely taking a pair of heels…I live and work in them normally, and I don’t think I could not go without a pair.

Stillll…it’s probably not the best idea to take five inch stilettos.

• 10 May 2007 PinaI said

PinaI

It really is a personal choice and more about how comfortable you feel walking around in heels for a long period of time. It can be a very long walk to restaurants/pubs at night and on wonky-cobble-stoned roads at that! I know that I couldn’t do it again and, really, how many people are going to look at your feet??!!

Personally, I will be taking a very small pair of heels, 6cm, for dinners and nights out AFTER my tour when I know I won’t have to walk too far to get there and back.

For my tour I will only be taking a pair of flat, black, baby-doll type shoes. They’re fancy enough and comfortable too – just what I need!

• 10 May 2007 Ang25 said

Default_avatar

i am so taking heels.. i would never go out in flats/flip flops at home so i wouldnt in europe.. but its personal choice.. i would definatly take a pair especially if your going to be there for awhile.

• 11 May 2007 bellyk said

bellyk

Just a thought, not that I’m taking them or anything cause I dont usually wear them, heels will take up more room/are more difficult to pack than flats – might be something to think about if you’re weighing up your options

• 12 May 2007 Alo said

Default_avatar

I am taking at least one pair of heals with me that are versitile enough to wear with several outfits. I think the best bet is to bring a pair of wedges that have a strap that goes around your ankle. That way your not getting stuck in cobblestones. You can still find heels that are comfortable enough to walk in, that are dressy enough for a night out. Height is a personal choice. You know what’s right for you.

• 13 May 2007 princess19 said

Default_avatar

There is not a chance in the world im bringing heels on this trip! I come from the land of Flip Flops and ill bring several pairs of those…comfy and go with everything.. I have leather ones and sparkle ones so i can wear them out at nite.

• 13 May 2007 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

In the place of heels, I’ve purchased some strappy sandals that have cork wedge heels. They’re comfy enough to get around in all day, but still give the illusion of high heels by being “cute” and tall.

• 13 May 2007 Bree 24aus said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the thoughts!

yeah i live in my thongs too. And am averagely tall (173cm), although heels do still look nice. i would still usually wear them out at night.

Hmmm not yet sure what to do..
    I’ll maybe still bring a pair. Though prob wouldn’t even end up wearing them.

Thanks!
    Bree x

• 14 May 2007 Liz61380 said

Default_avatar

Definitley taking one pair of heels! And in the case of ‘having to walk alot’, bring a small tote for that extra pair of shoes. Why not have heels AND flats =P! By the end of the night, you’re going to want those flats back ha!

Greece island hopping May 21-June 3

• 15 May 2007 Allee said

Default_avatar

I’m not taking heels on the tour, but I might have some wedges and high heeled boots for after the tour as I’ll be on a working holiday. It depends on what fits, I’m not really fussed about how good I look, I’m going to be practical. I think if you are going on a short hotel tour, then heels would be fine if you are comfortable, but I’m going on a camping tour and will be traveling a lot either side of the tour as well, so I want less to lug around.

• 17 May 2007 _Emma_ said

Default_avatar

I’m another girl not taking my heels – I hardley wear them at home either… I’m taking a pair of flat gold/metalic peep toes. They go with my jeans, and with the black dress and other dressy outfit I’m bringing with me.
    All up I’m bringing a pair of walking shoes, black havs for showers/during the day when not wearing walking shoes and my gold shoes.
    Bring what you feel comfortable wearing – I reckon you’ll regret bringin heels if you’d rather wear something like wedges.
    I was contemplating bring this pair of simple black wedges from Novo, but they take up a bit of room and I prob wouldn’t wear them during the day

• 18 May 2007 Berekah said

Default_avatar

Definately taking a pair of heels.. I’m short, i need a bit of height.. I live in heels, but will definately be choosing a comfy pair..

• 19 May 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

I’m going in winter, so I plan on taking a pair of low heeled boots.

If you do want to take heels though, consider the Scholl Party Feet (for Aussies)link. They are unreal. Definitely makes wearing heels a lot more comfortable.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion