Community_discussions_small  

Comment

ATT: ANY AUSTRALIAN'S TRAVELING OVERSEAS WITH BIG MONEY!

9 Sep 2010 paigeee said

paigeee
Hey guys,

I'm heading on European Inspirations tour in winter, and then continuing to travel around Europe/Asia for the next few months following the tour!!!

Anyway, Like many people I assume, I've been Umming and ahhhing over how to carry money!

Do I take cash? travellers cheques? Credit Card? Visa/Mastercard Debit card etc...

Anyway, after INTENSE researching, I found my soultion, and I wanted to share it with Aussies heading overseas! (As this option is only avaliable to those living in Australia)

Check out this link

http://www.anz.com/personal/tr...l-money/travel-card/

This is a great option, and it is tailered for those of us traveling overseas. Basically its your one stop card. You buy this sucker for $35 at any ANZ branch. You can deposit money into it like you would any other bank card!

It has set currency conversion rates, and as its a visa - it is able to be used pretty much everywhere in the world!! Do your self a favour and check out the site, all the info is on there!

If your going overseas, and travelling to multiple countries and using different currencies you'd be mad not to have a think about it. It's safer then carrying cold hard cash and travellers cheques!!

Anyway, let me know what you guys think, OR if anybody has already used this method before!!!!

I'm heading off early December, so It'd be good to hear back from anybody who's used it!

Cheers guys, and I hope this helps!!!

- Paige Smiler
  • 10 May 2011 Donna said

Donna

Hi Paige,

Hope you enjoyed your trip!

How did you go with the ANZ travel card? Im trying to choose between it and the Travelex passport card. My sister and i are heading to Europe in late June and its the last thing we need to organise!

Thanks,

Don

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion