Community_discussions_small  

Question

Turkish Delight Questions?

28 Mar 2008 T.O. Gal asked

Default_avatar
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if I can get some advice or information from anyone who has been on the Turkish Delight tour.

1. How long was the taxi ride from the airport to hotel? How much did it cost? Did you feel safe riding in the taxi? etc

2. Debit cards? Were there many atm machines to access? Any problems using them?

3. Did you enjoy this trip? Do you recommend this trip?

4. Did you go to the Turkish bath? How was it? Any surprises?

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
  • 28 Mar 2008 amer said

amer

Hi there,

1. Taxi ride was approx. 30-35 minutes from airport to Taslik Hotel..that’s the hotel which contiki used when i went. Cost was around 50 lira or so. very safe..no issues. I had a map of the hotel, with hotel name, address and showed that to the cabbie, and he got me there fine.. the ride was nice, becuase u get the see the city of istanbul from afar and then, next thing u go, you’re in the city..

2. ATM work great. No problems using them. There are plenty. Notify your local bank you are traveling and make sure you know your daily ATM withdrawl limits.

3. Loved the trip. Highly recommend the trip, if you are interested in ancient ruins, amazing sighseeing, unique meditterean culture.. If you like beef,lamb,chicken, you’ll love the food. They have some of the best doner kabobs i have eaten.

4. Did not do this optional. I did get a great massage at the hotel in Kusadasi. Lovely town..

It was a great trip..great tour guide.. there’s a lot of history in Turkey and you really appreciate that when u visit the ruins, and see the islamic architecture.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.