Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Christmas in Europe

2 Feb 2009 Treece said

Treece
Hi everyone. Myself and a small group are planning on going on a Winter Wanderer tour at the end of this year and we are wondering what is the best place to Spend Chrismas in? We're all from Australia so we're hoping for a 'White Christmas' but so long as we get to see the snow we'll be happy. We've narrowed it down to either Lucerne, Rome or Venice, but are open to suggestions. If people could share their Christmas experiences on a Contiki tour that would be great!
  • 3 Feb 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

I’m not sure how those cities do Christmas. Italians usually (well all the ones I know) have Christmas Eve as their big holiday day. Just something to think about. Lucerne is probably your best bet for a white christmas.

• 8 Feb 2009 hayley said

hayley

Hey,
    I went on a Winter Wanderer tour last year and for Christmas my group was travelling from Lucerne – Lyon. If you want to see snow, you are guaranteed to see some in Lucerne, so that is what I’d suggest. But Italy is amazing so I think you would have fun either way Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Enjoy!

• 8 Feb 2009 hayley said

hayley

Hey,
    I went on a Winter Wanderer tour last year and for Christmas my group was travelling from Lucerne – Lyon. If you want to see snow, you are guaranteed to see some in Lucerne, so that is what I’d suggest. But Italy is amazing so I think you w

• 8 Feb 2009 Treece said

Treece

Thankyou everyone who responded! We’re going to book the trip leaving on 23 December – Christmas travelling from Paris-Lucerne then NYE in Nice! Really excited!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion