Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Traveling Solo

10 Mar 2009 Szczy said

Default_avatar
Hey,

I looking at booking a contiki tour for NZ next year and am planning on travling by myself. Im a bit worried that no one else will be travling on their own.
Has anyone got any advice for a young single girl who will be travling solo and not going to know any one?
  • 11 Mar 2009 ashley_h said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I travelled solo with Contiki last year to Egypt and it was awesome! You meet so many new people, I’ve kept in touch with most of them!

Where/When are you going to NZ? I am doing the Scenic Southern (Anti-Clockwise) in Sept after I complete the Bridge to Reef tour in Aust.

Ashley

• 12 Mar 2009 aussie liz said

Default_avatar

I am going to NZ in October, but due to the time of the scenic southern being in the middle of my trip, I wont be able to do contiki.

I would like to, coz then there’d be company, but yeah ill be doing it alone.

Im sure a lot of people go there alone and then make friends and go from there. Thats what ive done before when ive been interstate.

• 26 Mar 2009 Neeks said

Neeks

Hello, i will also be travelling solo. I have decided to do the Scenic Southern from Mid November this year. Would love to hear from others who will be doing this tour.

Neeks

• 27 Mar 2009 Pippa said

Pippa

I’m doing the Grand Explorer Auckland to Christchurch on October 28 and will be on my own. Looking forward to it though as haven’t ever been travelling by myself and can’t wait to meet everyone

• 20 Jun 2009 Joanna said

Default_avatar

I just got back from the grand explorer and did it solo as did 70% of the bus!! it’s the best way to do it and meet new friends etc. Don’t worry about it at all! you will have an amazing time!

• 25 Jun 2009 NaHdz said

NaHdz

Im doing the Grand Explorer starting 8th of October! I might have a friend coming with me though so Im not alone on this one but I have been by myself before and its really not that bad..pretty much everyone on your tour is solo so you make friends quickly and they’re friends for life :-)

• 4 Aug 2009 Explorercmk said

Default_avatar

hey, i’m doing the scenic sourthern in feb next year, i am traveling solo, and celebrating my 21st b-day while on tour.

• 4 Aug 2009 Explorercmk said

Default_avatar

hey
    i’m doing the scenic sourthern in feb next year, i’m celebrating my 21st b-day while on tour and am traveling solo

• 8 Aug 2009 kt03 said

Default_avatar

Hey
    I’m planning on doing a tour of NZ solo next year as well.. will be my first overseas trip so if anyone is planning the same kind of thing would be nice to know someone.
    Thinking February probably.

• 8 Aug 2009 Explorercmk said

Default_avatar

Hey, i’m traveling solo, doing the scenic sourthern next year in february 21st to 27th starting in christchurch, would luv to chat if your going on the same tour, do u have facebook?

• 12 Aug 2009 Emily said

Default_avatar

im travelling solo planning on doing the grand explorer auckland to christchurch probs from 7 dec-21 dec 2009

• 22 Aug 2009 amandam888 said

amandam888

Hey my name is Amanda i’m also thinking about going to nz next year solo i’m thinkin of goin on the grand explorer in february on the 9th till the 23rd reverse christchurch to auckland. Looks like it will be a good tour.This will be my first time travelling solo aswell. Is this the tour your thinking of doing?

quote:
    Originally posted by kt03:
    Hey
    I’m planning on doing a tour of NZ solo next year as well.. will be my first overseas trip so if anyone is planning the same kind of thing would be nice to know someone.
    Thinking February probably.

• 31 Aug 2009 Yeti!!! said

Yeti!!!

Hi,
    I’m doing the Scenic Southern starting in Wellington Feb 2010 solo… getting sooo stoked!!! Was nervous, but after reading this forum I feel loads better!!

• 3 Sep 2009 Shane_A said

Shane_A

i think it is way better to go on your own because it forces you to meet the rest of the people on your tour and not just sit with your friend on the bus all the time. everyone is super pumped at the start of the tour so everyone is real friendly. its a bit harder if you are joining mid tour because people already know each other.

• 28 Oct 2009 Nikaila said

Default_avatar

Hi Neeks!
    I will be doing the Scenic Southern mid Nov too. Is yours the Wellington start?

quote:
    Originally posted by Neeks:
    Hello, i will also be travelling solo. I have decided to do the Scenic Southern from Mid November this year. Would love to hear from others who will be doing this tour.

Neeks

• 30 Oct 2009 aussie liz said

Default_avatar

I did NZ solo too, and i have to say that while i wouldve prefered to have been with pple most of the time, i enjoyed doing it on my own. Much better than saying oh yeah at this time i have to be here and so forth.

• 9 Jun 2010 kimmy said

Default_avatar

im from nz and its a pretty safe country, if you got lost most friendly locals would lend a hand to help you out. small country, big Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Jan 2011 timmyg13 said

timmyg13

I’ve just booked the Grand Explorer in November 2011 and have decided to go solo aswell. I was abit unsure at first, but some friends talked me into it.

I’m really looking forward to it. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.