Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Totally Random

7 Jun 2010 Tots said

Tots
Are there many singles on tour that go home being couples?

And in the double rooms are the beds singles or doubles? Do you have to share one double with a random?
  • 8 Jun 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

Hotel rooms will have twin beds.

As for couples – One one tour I had 2 people meet, the are married with a baby now. On another tour we had another couple meet, they lasted a good year or so after the trip – one was in new zealand the other in the US.

• 8 Jun 2010 James K said

James K

I am going with my girlfriend and we have requested queen size beds where avaialable. What are the chances we will get rooms with queen beds?

Thanks

• 9 Jun 2010 Explorer1098237 said

Default_avatar

If you are going solo and booking a double or triple room, then the reality is YES you may have to share a double bed with one blanket with a complete stranger.
    However they should be the same sex as you (does that make it any better??…) and i think they mainly make the girls share.

Yes you are paying for a seperate bed technically but the way contiki works is that contiki pays really cheap rates to the hotels and in turn the hotels treat the clients second rate, obviously if people paying the full rate wait a twin room they will give it to them because we cant complain to the hotels…. we booked through contiki.

I’m sure it doesnt happen on every tour but it did on mine for 2 nights, so be prepared!

• 12 Jun 2010 Aussie Sunshine said

Default_avatar

I found on my tours, occasionally, the rooms appeared to have a double bed to 2 single girls to share, turns out EVERY time it was 2 single beds pushed together and we could pull them apart. The hotels always have extra blankets you can ask for

• 12 Jun 2010 Explorer1098237 said

Default_avatar

yep, often it looks like a double and you can pull them apart and they have seperate bedding etc but in this case it was literally a double bed with one blanket.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion