Community_discussions_small  

Question

When to Book?

3 Jul 2007 Haylz_55 asked

Default_avatar
Hi all,

Me and My partner have decided that we're going to take on Europe next year and have decided to start with the European Insperation in April 08.
We're novices when it comes to travelling (let alone contiki tours), so would love some advice in when is the best time to book our tour and flights.

Thanks!
  • 3 Jul 2007 said

Default_avatar

Me and my partner are doing that tour this year in august. We’ve had it booked (flights as well)and paid for since Dec ‘06. We only booked then cause the travel agent said it was a good deal but 2mths later our friends booked the same tour for the same price anyway.
    The only good thing was we had more of choose on day’s we wanted to travel, we got contiki’s 6mth early bird deal and the only thing left to worry about was saving for spending money.

• 4 Jul 2007 Haylz_55 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the advise! I wasnt sure if I was getting too excited booking this early, but it sounds like the ealier the better as far a savings.
    Enjoy your trip! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 5 Jul 2007 mattsmess said

Default_avatar

yea, you can save more money if you book early, but im not exactly sure about whether or not you can get your deposit back

• 5 Jul 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

Keep in mind that until your tour is a guaranteed departure it is subject to cancellation. So while you might get a good deal booking earlier, you might get stuck if they cancel your tour. In a case like this you might be better off booking it through contiki or getting flexible date tickets.

• 5 Jul 2007 Kristi said

Kristi

This is the info I was given from STA travel. Sounds good to me!!

Contiki is offering a “BOOK EARLY FOR 2008” program. This is a risk free-money back guarantee program that allows you to book your tour early for 2008 and save. If you book now for tours 10 days or longer, you can receive $100 off per person. You can save even more if you pay in full because you may qualify for our Early Payment discount, too! You must book before mid-November.

If you book now you will be quoted from the 2007 brochure and once rates and departure dates are released for 2008 you have the option to accept the new adjusted rate, or if you are not satisfied with the price, you can cancel your tour and get a full refund within 7 days of notification of the adjustment.

• 9 Jul 2007 said

Default_avatar

But if you book one of contiki’s guaranteed tours and take out travel insurance. The travel insurance i got covered me for cancellation by the operator and covered me if i couldn’t go for reasons beyond my control.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.