Community_discussions_small  

Question

MED highlight questions?

26 Feb 2008 tatianasd asked

Default_avatar
Hi...anyone with med high light questions? feel free to ask! I went on this trip last summer and had the time of my life! tyoungca88@yahoo.com
  • 26 Feb 2008 tatianasd said

Default_avatar

I don’t think mine was guaranteed but I booked it anyways. Call the contiki people! Sorry, I wish I would help more. August is a great time to go…it will be hot!

• 1 Mar 2008 NickyB said

Default_avatar

Hi there, as far as packing how much should you pack for the 2 weeks and how much did you take back? With all the goodies that you take back. Also what would you say was the best part of the trip?

• 4 Mar 2008 tatianasd said

Default_avatar

Holy cow…this guided trip is absolutly amazing and breathtaking in every way. Even the bus ride up the mountain is just amazing. Bring your damn camera and some water. You do the tour I think the day before you leave…but I"m not exactly sure. So sorry…

• 9 Mar 2008 Ganacampo said

Default_avatar

I’ll be on this tour this year too.

On the page it says “Included: Rome: See Piazza Venezia, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Colosseum & Roman Forum”

Does this mean that you only walk by, for example, the Colosseum with a guide or do you also enter it?

• 9 Mar 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ganacampo:
    On the page it says “Included: Rome: See Piazza Venezia, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Colosseum & Roman Forum”

Does this mean that you only walk by, for example, the Colosseum with a guide or do you also enter it?

Correct. See means exactly that See. For the colosseum I suggest skipping the guided tour of the Forum and going inside the Colosseum. You canthen do the Roman Forum on your own. The others are also free. If you want a guided tour of the Pantheon which is awesome, Angel Tours offers a free tour every night at 7pm of the Pantheon. If you like it you can tip them I gave a couple of Euros for the tour. Its one of my favorite buildings.

You may also want to look at purchaseing a Roma Pass it 20 euros and gets you into 2 places. The Forum now also charges to get in its not free any more. So you could use it for the Forum, Borghese Gallery (reservations required) and the Colosseum would be discounted. And its also a bus ticket too. Any questions on Rome just hollar or send me a PM.

You can check out my Rome Photos

• 18 Mar 2008 Explorer1093595 said

Default_avatar

I am about to book this trip for this summer…I don’t have any specific questions yet, but was just wondering what you thought about the trip, things you liked and didn’t like? Did you feel rushed going from place to place? About how much did you spend on top of the tour price? Thanks!

• 19 Mar 2008 amer said

amer

One of the best trips i ever took..Highly recommend this trip..Monaco was simply amazing. Sighting in Florence, Piza, Roma.. awesome. Spain was very cool as well.. i did alot of sightseeing in the daytime, heavy partying at night.. i am thankful i had a great group of mates on my tour..

• 25 Mar 2008 Ganacampo said

Default_avatar

I got a question:

Are there telephones in the hotels of this trip that you can use, or should I take my cell phone with me?

• 26 Mar 2008 Ganacampo said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by invitto:
    b) carry ur phone (GSM_quad band) and & use international roaming,,,,way too expensive

As far as I know it’s not more expensive than inner-country calls in the EU anymore, if you call from one EU country to another. And I live in an EU country.

• 2 Jun 2008 Ganacampo said

Default_avatar

I got a couple more questions:

- When you arrive at the hotel a few hours before you get introduced to the rest of the group, what do you do? I arrive in Rome, is the hotel (heard there are more than one?) close to the city so you can walk around alone, can you already store your suitcase in the hotel etc.?
    - I read a tip somewhere on this site that there are some kind of special pillows for coaches, are they really necessairy or are the seats comfortable enough if you don’t have them?
    - If you do the entire guided tour through Rome and don’t stop earlier like suggested before in this thread, do you still have enough time to visit the Colloseum and Vatican City?

• 2 Jun 2008 sternie said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    a) dont carry a phone, use an internet cafe
    b) carry ur phone (GSM_quad band) and & use international roaming,,,,way too expensive
    c) carry ur GSM cell phone & purchase an international calling card eg EKIT
    d) dont carry your phone , buy an EKIT phone & card
    e) would not use hotel phones,ur gonna get ripped off

i got the phone card from contiki in the mail that has 5 free minutes on it… you think it would still be expensive if i used that on the hotel phones?

• 3 Jun 2008 Explorer1093595 said

Default_avatar

What should I pack?!?! As far as a breakdown between shorts, pants, dresses, shoes, what kind of shirts, extra stuff?? I’m a girl, so this is VERY important to me Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Jun 2008 Ganacampo said

Default_avatar

Can someone please answer my questions? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.