Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Travel Sickness.

9 Feb 2007 Vivz said

Default_avatar
Okay!
Does anyone suffer from motion sickness? I sometimes do so if on a bus/plane for a long period of time. Anyone know the best way to prevent motion sickness? Any helpful hints would be much appreciated.
By the way - will we be on the coaches for many hours (over 4)?

Thanks xo
  • 9 Feb 2007 megsalex112 said

megsalex112

Hey there,
    I have used the non-drowsy Gravol, its main ingrediant is Ginger which is a natural antinauseant. This might help if you want to stay awake while on the bus. Also, there are many other brands with this same ingrediant.
    Hope that helps.
    tata
    Megs

• 12 Feb 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

not sure if this will work for motion sickness as well, but i did get a bit nauseus at plane landing time (and the whole blocked ear POPPING thing..) i found sniffing on one of those eucalyptus nose unblocking things worked really well and stopped the nausea- y’know like those plastic inhaler things) would not have been able to cope with out it. they only cost a couple of bucks and can fit anywhere!

• 13 Feb 2007 Erin in UK said

Default_avatar

I think ‘sea bands’ are the way to go. They are bands you wear on your wrists and work on the pressure points. I get bad motion sickness and these are the only things that have worked for me and this inlcudes any form of tablet.

I guess its finding what works best for you

• 13 Feb 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

yeah exactly, the vicks things. My mum made me take one on the plane, and im soooo glad i did- and im not one to generally feel sick while travelling..i was a bit hesitant to take it incase people thought i was trying to shove a tampon up my nose!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.