Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Egyptian Entry Visa

15 Jul 2008 KimmerCanada said

Default_avatar
Hi Everyone!

I am booked on the Egypt & the Nile tour in September 2008 (going on the Turkish Delight tour first) and I just had a question about the Egyptian visas. Are people generally supposed to get them ahead of time, or do people generally get them at the airport?

I visited the Egyptian consulate website and have a form to order my visa, but I can easily see myself screwing it up. Ha. Just thought I'd throw the question out there to anyone that's been already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Kim
  • 15 Jul 2008 msznumeroUNO said

msznumeroUNO

i believe that Canadian’s have to get their visa PRIOR to arriving in Egypt, however for Australia, New Zealand and UK passport holders, they are able to obtain one at the airport.

• 17 Jul 2008 KimmerCanada said

Default_avatar

Thaks Ms, but I know that Canadians can get their visas at the airport (maybe it’s because we’re all part of the Commonwealth?) but I was just wondering if that’s what people generally do, or if people are getting them beforehand. Any tips would be appreciated!

• 17 Jul 2008 Explorer1082701 said

Default_avatar

Hey there,
    What about Americans? Does anyone know? I haven’t booked this trip yet but I’m hoping to for 2009.
    Thanks,
    Rachel

• 17 Jul 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

I am going on the tour in late 2009 (hopefully) and I found that you can get an entry visa at the airport if you are American for like 15 USD or something like that.

• 17 Jul 2008 msznumeroUNO said

msznumeroUNO

I’ll be getting mine when i arrive into Egypt.. not long for me to go now

• 19 Jul 2008 Chris1982 said

Chris1982

I took a UE in May we went to Egypt.. get it when you’re there it’s soooooooo easy. $15US is what I payed (I am Canadian). When you get off the plane walk like 50 feet to a kiosk and pay the clerk. He hands you a sticker and you put it in the passport yourself. Walk another 50 feet to passport control. Then you get it stamped, the whole process takes less then 5 minutes really.

Say hi to Amadeus for me! He’s the best tour guide for Egypt!

• 23 Jul 2008 KimmerCanada said

Default_avatar

Chris1982, thanks for the help and feedback – much appreciated. Seems the consensus is that people are getting their visas when they arrive, it’s just as easy and much cheaper, so I expect I’ll be going that route. Thanks so much!

• 23 Jul 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

In 2007 Americans were able to get their visas when they entered the country. The guy who meets you at the airport will direct you where to get it. I’m pretty sure Canadians can get it at the airport too.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion