Community_discussions_small  

Question

Galapagos July/Aug 2014 anyone?

21 Apr 2014 mattrsmith asked

Default_avatar

Hi all,
I am a 31 yr old British guy looking to do a Galapagos trip at some point this year, preferably July/August time but pretty flexible. I have never done a Contiki trip before so I have a few questions...
1. Do these trips tend to be done by predominantly teenage/early 20s people fresh from uni looking to get hammered each night? If so, been there done that, not for me any more.
2. Is there any element of choice in who you travel with? i.e. I would be looking for late 20s/early 30s people who like to have fun and are also pretty chilled and independent....or is it just pot luck??
3. Are the trips all 100% organised affairs or do they allow for you to go off and do your own thing if you wish?
Cheers folks.
Matt

• 2 May 2014 Chelsea said

Chelsea

Hi Matt,
    I did a European Contiki in 2011 but assume it’s much the same.

The ages ranged from 18 to early thirties. We had party animals, couples (married and younger), people that didn’t drink, and everything in between.
    You don’t get to chose who you travel with, it’s just luck of the draw but I’m sure that certain tours attract like minded people. We did get to chose who we bunked with though.
    You definitely have plenty of time to go off and do your own thing. Nothing is compulsory but there are plenty of organised activities and extras if you wanted to do them.

I hope you have an amazing time if you do go, it was one on my short list! Hopefully someone booking this trip will come along and find this thread too :)
    Chelsea.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.