Community_discussions_small  

Question

The Big Chill June 16 2014

23 Apr 2014 lorne92 asked

lorne92

Hey who else is going on the big chill in june? this is my first time traveling prety nervous :)

• 28 Apr 2014 Jordyn said

Jordyn

Hi! I’m on that tour too :) if you join the meet up group there’s 19 of us in there.
    First time travelling, that’s so exciting! where are you travelling to europe from?

• 28 Apr 2014 lorne92 said

lorne92

Hi Jordyn:) I will join the meet up when i get my booking number this week. im traveling all the way from canada :)

• 1 May 2014 Jordyn said

Jordyn

saw you joined the group :) from canada! that’s awesome! I’m coming from melbourne

• 1 May 2014 lorne92 said

lorne92

wow awsome. excited to meet you:)i see your an experienced traveler and this is my first time travelling so i have so many questions!

• 11 May 2014 Camille said

Default_avatar

Hey there guys! I’m on this tour too. I don’t have my book ref yet. How many of us so far?

• 12 May 2014 Jordyn said

Jordyn

Yeah i can’t wait to meet everyone too. If you have any questions fire away :)

Hey Camille! There’s probably about 21 of us so far and everyone is from everywhere in the world so it looks like a great tour group :) have you been on a contiki before?

• 12 May 2014 lorne92 said

lorne92

Hey Camille wecome:) Jordyn are you able to prove me with a list of what i should pack? that would be so helpful

• 14 May 2014 Jordyn said

Jordyn

Sure can :)

Main things you need are: passport, money (cash and cards), camera, phone, spare batteries, powerboard (comes in handy charging many things at once), contiki booklet with your coupons for accommodation/tour etc, all documents for your trip including the contiki campsites we stay at (it’s handy when we go out at night to take a photo of where we are staying at or write it on paper that way when your drunk you can show the taxi driver where you are staying!), pillow, sleeping bag, any medications-best idea to stock up on cold and flu tablets, i guarantee everyone will get sick at least once! also i’ve found an eye mask and ear plugs can come in handy in case you are sick and have an early night and everyone else stays up partying around your tent. I also found a pen came in handy :)

Then you need toiletries, stuff to wash your clothes (contiki gave me a clothes washing pack with my documents) pocket tissues (good use as toilet paper as well), thongs (i think you may call them flip flops) for the showers, a couple of pairs of shoes. clothes- it’s a good idea to pack a couple of outfits that you could also go out in at night time for clubbing/shows etc. headphones, a jumper for switzerland because it can get cold there. A torch will come in handy for late night walks to the bathrooms etc. a rainproof jacket if you have space could be useful, you will also need a towel :)

Also probably a good idea to take a watch so you know the time to be back at the bus in case your phone dies (has happened to me before) and something that you can set an alarm on for the mornings .

I’ve probably forgotten a ton of things but that’s my list so far! hope this helps :)

• 14 May 2014 lorne92 said

lorne92

thanks for your help jordyn! i really appreciate your help :) looking forward to meet you
    see ya soon~

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion