Community_discussions_small  

Comment

1st July 2008!

24 Oct 2007 DanniP said

Default_avatar
Hi Everyone!
Im planning on going on the European Escapade tour on July 1st... anyone else planning on the same one?
Ive booked my flights, and will hopefully book my Contiki trip in the next few weeks. Planning on living/working in London for a year afterwards as well.
Would love to hear from anyone else thinking of doing the same!

Smiler
  • 30 Nov 2007 Max.Smith said

Max.Smith

22/M from Southern California (San Diego). Heading out on the 2nd. You guys’girls ready to party? Best college grad gift ever!!!

• 1 Dec 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Hi Max,
    Are you headed out to London on the second?

Nicky

• 2 Dec 2007 Max.Smith said

Max.Smith

Yeah Nicky…most likely the 30th or the first. Kinda want to check London out for a while. I also might stay 3 days after the trip to maybe check out Ibiza Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Dec 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Hi Max,
    That sounds like fun. I would love to have more time in London, but provincial exams that I need to get into university take place five days before the tour.

On another note, anyone else from Canada going? Should be fun starting on Canada Day.

Nicky

• 10 Dec 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Where is everyone??? Anywho, I hope that everyone is enjoying their holiday season (I don’t want to be politicaly incorrect). I still have 8 days of school before my break. Stupid high school. Mad<!--graemlin::mad:-->

Nicky

• 10 Dec 2007 Tahnee said

Tahnee

Right here! Just been very busy with work and all heading into christmas.. we haven’t however been having the best weather.. its supposed to be hot and sunny now its summer however its still pretty cool and raining!!!
    Just working lots to save the dollars for our fantastic trip!
    Hows everyone going?? Hope u are all well!

Tahnee
    x

• 10 Dec 2007 DanniP said

Default_avatar

Just paid for my trip, so i am now officially booked into the 1st July! Woohooo! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 Dec 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Hey Tahnee,
    We seem to be having the same problem with the weather, at least on the west coast. One day it’s sunny, the next it snows long enough to get me called into work to cover all of the ‘sick’ people. At least this means more money.

Speaking of money, what optionals are you guys thinking of doing? Is everyone going to do the first dinner together in Paris? I know a few good places to eat there if anyone doesn’t.

Nicky

• 10 Dec 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Yeah, a tacky bar to count down the days!

• 11 Dec 2007 Tahnee said

Tahnee

Hey Nicky…

More money is always good! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’ve actually thinking of doing most of the optionals i think. I had a few friends that did the 20 day contiki last year and they all have said to do just about all of them! But to talk to everyone on ur tour and see what they plan to do… if its not very popular then don’t.

I’ve been looking through them and there is quite a few i really would like to do!

What optionals were you interested in?

Woo.. I now leave in for london in 6 months and 4 days! The countdown is on! hehe

Tahnee

• 11 Dec 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

I was thinking about doing all of them except the paragliding in Austria. I also don’t know about the Paris Cabaret(sp?). If I have enough money, and there is enough interest I will do all of the rest.

• 11 Dec 2007 Tahnee said

Tahnee

Yeah i was thinking of most of them too!
    Paragliding included! even though i’m not the biggest fan i heights.. i think it would b awesome! There was one in amsterdam that girls said they didnt do.. so i thought i’d just wait and see when we got there as to what others were interested in.

• 12 Dec 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Hey,
    Yeah, I think that I will just wait and see what the group is doing. For the dinners, you could probably find cheeper and better food elsewhere but then you are missing the group bonding time. I have heard that the dinner in Amsterdam isn’t the best, and it is typical western chinese food, but then again it is the last night of the tour.

I will have think about the paragliding. I’m OK with heights, it’s the whole jumping off of a high ledge of land and trusting a person you just met with your life. I’m sure that it’s perfectly safe, I just have problems about relying on equipment, in the air, in other countries where I don’t know the healthcare system.

Nicky

• 14 Dec 2007 Tahnee said

Tahnee

Yeah I think thats the best thing to do! I’ve heard a few ppl say that the first night in paris do the dinner but then maybe go to the moulin rouge if possible instead of the caberet show thats an optional!
    Woo… 6 months today until I leave for London!

Tahnee

• 14 Dec 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Hey,
    That sounds like what I’ve read. I know a few good places to eat dinner around the Moulin Rouge since I stayed in that area when I was in Paris. Also, the irish pub about 30 sec from the MR is quite good. Good food and good drinks. A few interesting stories from that night. Especially, my room mate trying to sneak back in and avoid the teachers, while drunk, and while humming mission imposible because she thought it would make her more sneeky. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Nicky

• 16 Dec 2007 Tahnee said

Tahnee

I’ve also had a few friends tell me about the Irish pub I think that ur talking about! I think maybe it may be a better option to do that.
    Sounds like you had fun there then! When did u go to Paris?

Tahnee

• 17 Dec 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Hi,
    I went to Paris and the south of france in 2005 and 2007. Both times I stayed with families who lived in Avignon for 10 days, and then the group went up to Paris for 5 days and stayed in a hotel in the red light district. If you have any more questions about the trip, or want some pics, you can email me at megbristow@gmail.com

Nicky

• 20 Dec 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Hi,
    I hope that no one was badly affected by the earthquake in NZ yesterday. We just heard about it in Canada this morning.

Nicky

• 24 Dec 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Hey all,
    Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> I can’t wait for the turkey tomorrow. Or the mashed potatoes. Or my mom’s veggie pie. Anywho, best wishes to everyone!

Nicky

• 29 Dec 2007 Tahnee said

Tahnee

Hey…

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas!
    Bring on the new year! Hope u all have a great night where ever u may be!

Tahnee
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.