Community_discussions_small  

Comment

1st July 2008!

24 Oct 2007 DanniP said

Default_avatar
Hi Everyone!
Im planning on going on the European Escapade tour on July 1st... anyone else planning on the same one?
Ive booked my flights, and will hopefully book my Contiki trip in the next few weeks. Planning on living/working in London for a year afterwards as well.
Would love to hear from anyone else thinking of doing the same!

Smiler
  • 19 Mar 2008 Nicky said

Nicky

Hi,
    I think we’re at 24 now on the forum. I’m so glad that my trip is fully paid for now, even my spending money is put away. Now I have to concentrate on working more to save for uni.

I think that I will pack light. I’m also going to try a trick that someone mentioned, pack certain items in those little closable bags that sheets come in. Should keep my bag a bit more organized. Roll Eyes<!--graemlin::rolleyes:-->
    Nicky

• 21 Mar 2008 Nicky said

Nicky

Hi Allie and Yvette,
    Welcome to the trip. Where are you from?

This makes 26 people!

Nicky

• 22 Mar 2008 Jac, Ness, Tahnz, Lisa and Rach said

Jac, Ness, Tahnz, Lisa and Rach

Hey Allie & Yvette
    More people that awsome.
    cant wait to meet up with everyone.
    Are you staying in London a few days before the tour starts?

Jac

• 23 Mar 2008 Jac, Ness, Tahnz, Lisa and Rach said

heya
    we are staying 5 days before the tour and 2 days after.. than going to greece for 2 weeks.. it exactly 3 months until we leave Australia. cant wait getting very excited.
    Are you staying at the Royal National.. That seems to be the place we everyones staying.. Go figure considering that it is the contiki hotel.

Jaclyn

• 23 Mar 2008 Nicky said

Nicky

Happy Easter! Mmmmm… chocolate!

Nicky

PS, anyone still interested in Stonehenge after the tour is done?

• 24 Mar 2008 Matt said

Matt

Hey everyone!

So I just booked my Contiki tour about an hour ago and I’m sooo stoked, I’ve been looking into booking a tour for months now and I finally got around to doing it Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    I’m Matt, 20 years old and from Montreal, Canada. I’ll be travelling with my sister, I’m sure she’ll be posting soon. Just making sure, but this is the trip that leaves London on the 1st of July, right?

I’ll be getting to London the day before the trip leaves (because I’ll have just gotten back from NYC) and I’ll be taking off on the 25th of July (because I’m hitting up the caribbean afterwards!) So we won’t be able to hang out with anyone before or after, but I’m definitely looking forward to meeting everyone and having the time of my life
    Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 24 Mar 2008 Matt said

Matt

P.S.

Stonehenge is pretty sweet, so Nicky, you should make the trip out there if you can find people. There’s a quaint little town just near it as well, Salisbury (or something like that) that you should check out if you go, it has a really nice Cathedral!

• 24 Mar 2008 Nicky said

Nicky

Hi Matt,
    It’s great to have you and your sister on the trip. What’s her name and how old is she?

Yep, you’ve got the right trip. Sounds like you’re doing quite the world trip! It’s great to have more Canadians for the tour starting on Canada Day.

I will def be going to Stonehenge. Contiki basement has tickets for a bus tour going out there.

Nicky

28 people!!!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 24 Mar 2008 Matt said

Matt

My sister’s name is Carolyne, she’s 18.

Yea, the travel bug bit me :P I still have a million places I’d like to go to…. like IBIZA!!! But I’m going to have to save hat for next summer with some friends.

London is great, there’s so much to see there, I’d recommend the tower of london (you can see the crown jewels!) as well.

28 people eh? This is going to be a solid tour!

• 24 Mar 2008 Nicky said

Nicky

Hi,
    Whenever I hear of Ibiza, I always thing of the Venga Boy’s song. Roll Eyes<!--graemlin::rolleyes:-->

Yeah, another 18 year old!!! Although my B-Day isn’t for another couple of days.

Nicky

• 24 Mar 2008 Jac, Ness, Tahnz, Lisa and Rach said

Hey Allie and Yvette

yeah we booked with contiki hey have a special deal with Qantas so we were able to get a bit of a discount which was awsome.

Good to see another 2 people on the tour. and matt i dont think it will really matter that much about spending time before and after the trip with everyone. we have 25 days to spend together.

Cant wait.. I think this is going to be an aussie and canadian tour.

• 24 Mar 2008 Lisa said

Lisa

hey everyone

yayyy not long to go.
    my myspace is www.myspace.com/lisa_maree_
    and just search Lisa Carlile on facebook if anyone wants to add me.

cant wait to go on the trip hey!
    will be awesome!

hey rach u nearly paid off ur trip thats awesome! i still got abit to pay on mine. its like a month till the whole thing is due!

Xx

• 24 Mar 2008 Matt said

Matt

We should definitely make a Facebook group or something.

If you guys want to add me, just search Mathieu Gagnon on Facebook (…there are 80 something of us though so….), my networks are Montreal and McGill ’10

• 24 Mar 2008 Jac, Ness, Tahnz, Lisa and Rach said

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12773213754

i have started up the group on facebook.. go to the link above.. hopefully it works.
  • 24 Mar 2008 Nicky said

Nicky

Hey Allie and Yvette,
    Thanks for the vote but I don’t have facebook. I will look into signing up now though. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> It was getting tiresome logging into a friend’s account to look up the chem class notes (yes my class had a group where we posted all of the notes Roll Eyes<!--graemlin::rolleyes:-->).

Thanks TEAM UNIVERSE for setting it up.

Nicky

• 25 Mar 2008 Tahnee said

Tahnee

Hey everyone.
    Its great to see more people coming aboard our trip!
    So exciting. its sneaking up very quickly these days!
    Hope u all had a lovely easter!
    Tahnee Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Mar 2008 Nicky said

Nicky

Hey,
    Just joined the group!

Nicky

• 25 Mar 2008 Jac, Ness, Tahnz, Lisa and Rach said

hey guys
    Thanks for all adding the group.. feel free to add photos or videos or anything you wish.

Jaclyn
    Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 28 Mar 2008 Raacchh said

Raacchh

add me to myspace…. www.myspace.com/rachy_bekah

• 28 Mar 2008 Explorer1094769 said

Default_avatar

Hey I’m Tameka and im going on the 1st of july contiki. Im a bit scared cause im going solo but still heaps excited. I’m staying after the tour to work/travel in london. Cant wait to meet everyone

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion