Community_discussions_small  

Question

The big walkabout 1st of October Darwin?

29 Apr 2014 TashaOwles asked

TashaOwles

Hi I have put my deposit down for the big walkabout tour starting in Darwin on the 1st of October is anyone else going on this trip would be nice to talk to people before the trip.

• 12 May 2014 Krista said

Krista

Hey TashaOwles, i’m doing Outback Adventure starting Darwin but doing it on the 3rd of Sept. i haven’t met anyone yet and usually with my other tours that i have done i meet alot of people beforehand.
    where abouts are you flying from? what are you looking forward to the most?

Krista :)

• 12 May 2014 TashaOwles said

TashaOwles

Hey Krista,
    I hope to talk to people before hand too.
    I am flying from London :)

Are you going to Sydney at all? have 2 weeks after my trip that I will be staying in Sydney and also doing my own 4 day trip down to Melbourne :) which will be awesome.

I am really looking forward to seeing ayres rock! And also the great barrier reef!
    What about you?

• 12 May 2014 Krista said

Krista

WOW London! that’ll be a big flight.
    Well i’m from Australia myself and have already been to most parts of Australia that Contiki does. But i haven’t see the Red Centre yet. You’ll love Sydney. It’s busy, but then again so is London (not that i’ve been) Melbourne is beautiful too. I haven’t spent alot of time in Melbourne as my family live in the country. I prefer Melbourne to Sydney. I’m based in Brisbane myself.
    Fingers crossed we find more people on our tours before we leave!

Things to do – see Bondi (it’s beautiful) Taronga Zoo, Manly Beach i’ve heard is nice. See the Sydney Harbour (Climb it if you can) Sydney Opera House. They have so many places to eat along Darling Harbour. See Luna Park, but you can do that in Melbourne if you want something to do in Melbourne too. i suggest going to see a football game (AFL is more a Victorian thing. They seem to go crazy down there for it) Rugby games are awesome too i’ve heard. They might be doing the Grand Finals by then so they’ll be huge.

• 14 May 2014 TashaOwles said

TashaOwles

Its a very long flight.. but totally worth it :) stop over in Dubai!!!!.. but can’t leave the airport :/

Ahh wow! I cant wait! Sound amazing !!
    I am sure we both will! Good luck :)

Ohh thanks will be adding these to my very long list going to be very busy but will love every moment! Thank you :)

What are you looking forward to most? How long is your trip ?
    Shame we are not in the same area at the same time :/
    Tasha :)

• 14 May 2014 Krista said

Krista

Yeah i bet! wow Dubai? i have never been to that side of the world before. But i’m planning a trip over to England i’m hoping mid next year. Just got to save lots because we lose half our money when we convert to pounds pretty much.

Not a problem. it’s good to get advice from people who live in the country you’re visiting. Are you travelling alone? I’ve done that on both of my tours plus this one coming up.
    ahhh i’m actually just really looking forward to all of it. Alot of my friends or people i know haven’t seen much of the Red Centre. So i’ll be one of the firsts. Í’m looking forward to sleeping under the stars in a swag (sleepbag type thing) seeing Uluru, and alot of the scenery. I’m following the Outback on Instagram and the photos people have put up are amazing.. if you have it it’s ausoutbacknt.

I know! would have been nice to have someone on the same tour as me that i met prior the tour starting. I can’t wait to take some photos too! :)

• 15 May 2014 TashaOwles said

TashaOwles

I will only see the airport but I have heard there’s a gold shop there! Lol
    Ahh nice! England is great but cold and wet but come in august and you will be fine :)
    Yer the exchange rate is crazy.

Well if you want any advice about England I am happy to help.
    There’s lots to see and do.

I really want to do the Harley Davison bike ride around urulu! That looks pretty epic!
    Will check out the instagram :) I follow Australia and they put up amazing pictures its all so beautiful :)

• 16 May 2014 Krista said

Krista

hey will a gold shop sounds pretty awesome to me if thats at the airport! lol.
    Yeh because i’m not use to really cold temperatures i’m not sure how i’d go with winter in England.
    thanks i’ll keep that in mind :)
    looks pretty epic indeed. what’s your instagram? i know we’re not on the same tour but would be cool to follow each other :) mines kristasbere.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.