Community_discussions_small  

Question

Packing for Asian Adventure July 2014

30 Apr 2014 jodimichaud asked

jodimichaud

Hey guys, and friend and I are going on the Asian Adventure July 13th.
Just wondering if any of you have been on this tour around that time of year could help me with my packing list for clothes and all other things!

• 1 May 2014 Maddy said

Maddy

Hey,
    I haven’t been over to the countries we are going to but it’s meant to be very hot and humid. When we visit temples it is asked if we wear clothes that cover our shoulders and most of our legs. So overall bring light, cool clothes :)
    But that’s just from research. As I said, I haven’t been over to the 3 countries before.

• 12 May 2014 midatlanticdrift said

midatlanticdrift

I’ve been to countries near there during that time of year. Like Maddy said, it’s gonna be hot and humid – tank tops and shorts are the way to go (except for the temples…), or otherwise light and airy clothes. That being said, the trip starts in Bangkok and you might want something a bit fancier if you want to go to any clubs, especially if you’re getting in a couple days before the tour starts. You’ll want at least one pair of long pants, perhaps for the jungle or caves. And as always, pack a couple swimsuits.
    My biggest piece of advice is to pack LIGHT. Traveling is so much less stressful when you don’t have to lug a bunch of stuff around from the beginning – you’ll probably end up buying at least a few things along the way to bring home. And if you do find you wish you’d brought something in particular, goods tend to be cheaper in southeast Asia anyway :)

I’m supposed to be in Indonesia for work in June and the start of July, and then I’m hoping to get on this tour. Gotta figure out a few details and then pull the trigger on it! Hope to see you all there!

• 12 May 2014 Ash said

Ash

heya, i have two mates that have already been on this tour and both of em say pack light- you’ll probably buy most of your wardrobe there. as for the temples-cover knees and shoulders and keep the dress modest. some girls carried a ‘shawl’ typa thing on my other tour when we visited temples. unfortunately, i was advised against wearing my pink mankini. LoL

• 12 May 2014 jodimichaud said

jodimichaud

Awesome, thanks guys! I plan to pack quite light, what do you guys think about footwear?

• 12 May 2014 midatlanticdrift said

midatlanticdrift

I’d say bring a comfortable pair of sneakers or flats that you don’t mind walking around in all day, and that you don’t mind getting a little dirty. Some flip flops also, and maybe a nice-ish pair of shoes/heels for going out. That’s probably all that you’ll “need”. I think I’m planning on bringing a pair of casual sneakers, and then some more rugged ones for trails and whatnot.

• 8 Jul 2014 Abraham said

Abraham

nice tips , thanks , i am joining on 27-Jul-14 , anybody going on this day?
    Cheers

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.