Community_discussions_small  

Comment

the extras

3 Jan 2011 Explorer1209087 said

Default_avatar
hi guys
just trying to figure out my budgeting and saving and I have noticed a lot of people suggest 100 euros a day but does that include all the extra stuff like going to the moulin rouge etc? I'm going on the London explorer for 5 days and then the winter wanderer for 24 so i need to figure out if I have budgeted enough.
thanks Smiler seriously getting excited for this tour Big Grin
  • 3 Jan 2011 TashD said

TashD

I went on a 37day tour around europe and survived on $5000 Australian (i had extra at home just in case i needed it)….. that included the cost for extras, food, drinks and entry, and tips for the tour leader and bus driver.

• 4 Jan 2011 PinaI said

PinaI

If you look at your tour online you should be able to get a rough idea of the optionals that might be available and their cost, before you go. This will help will your budgeting too.

• 10 Jan 2011 ClavicleKiss said

ClavicleKiss

100 Euros a day seems adequate, but be sure to have access for a credit card or debit card in case of incidentals.

Some days are spent on the bus for most of the day, while other days you spend most of the time on included tours of cities or landmarks. So there will be days where you spend less than 100 Euros and can roll that saved money over to something special.

Consider what you NEED vs WANT.

You NEED water, food and a few special souvenirs. The rest can be documented through take out menus, wine labels and beer caps, photos, cheap postcards, natural (legally obtained) mementos and again, PHOTOS!

WANT would be a knock off LV purse in Italy, (don’t pay more than 20 euro for one), overpriced chocolate from Switzerland or 10 drinks per night every night of the tour. You can survive and remember a trip without those, especially the booze, that might help you remember!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.