Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Getting to starting point before tour...

21 Mar 2008 Heather said

Default_avatar
Does anyone know of any good airlines to get from Sydney to Darwin (where my first tour starts) or from Sydney to Christchurch (where my second tour starts)? And how much ahead of time do people get there? A couple of days enough?
  • 23 Mar 2008 tazza said

Default_avatar

Hi,
    The Aus airlines are all good (although haven’t flown Jetstar, but haven’t heard any complaints). Try these websites:
    www.qantas.com.au
    www.virginblue.com.au
    www.jetstar.com.au
    OR
    www.webjet.com.au (if you use this one it will find all flights for that day, therefore you can compare the prices against the different carriers)
    Hope this helps

• 28 Mar 2008 Wojtek_TO said

Wojtek_TO
    quote:
    Originally posted by HVC:
    Does anyone know of any good airlines to get from Sydney to Darwin (where my first tour starts) or from Sydney to Christchurch (where my second tour starts)? And how much ahead of time do people get there? A couple of days enough?

Give yourself a day or two in Darwin to let your body adjust, your body will thank you for it. I would recommend that you look into any method that minimizes your time on a plane. You may be able to fly through Singapore or other points of call instead of flying through Sydney. I found the timing of flights between Sydney and Darwin really poor [a flight early in the morning, before flights from North America arrive , and then a flight in the late afternoon (having to spend 7 hours on a layover.

I’d rather spend 2-3 hours in an airport in Singapore than the same time cramped on a plane. A break of two for the flight time may be good.

When you get to Darwin, I recommend staying at the Travelodge where the tour normally starts. Other people from the tour will likely be there already so you’ll get to relax and party with the group before the tour even begins.

• 29 Mar 2008 Heather said

Default_avatar

I’m actually going to be in Sydney from June onwards, the tours I’m going on are just in the middle of my time in Australia, but thanks for the info on where to stay.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion