Community_discussions_small  

Question

have a few questions i need help with thanks

29 May 2014 staceycat asked

staceycat

1. if you are staying nights before or after the tour at the royal national did you book through contiki when you booked your tour or did you go through the hotel directly?

2. do you think its worth going on the londen explorer 4 night tour ?? or should I just go and do the things on the tour myself would it much dif in cost?

3. because the 28degrees card can be used as a credit card do they do a credit check?

4. are the travelex and cash passport basically exactly the same and if so am I better of getting the passport one because they supply 2 cards?

5. has anyone travelled with the bags that can also be weeled I could be going for 2 months and most of that is on the tours what are your thoughts?

6. is anyone going on the 'great Britain and Ireland tour 5/8/14' or
' ultimate European including Egypt 24/8/14' or 'London explorer 4 nights 11/10/14'

7. do they have facebook groups?

8. do you think its worth doing the London tour would it be cheaper if I just paid for hotel and things to do by myself?

9. who did you use for travel insurance?

10. who did you choose as a SIM provider?

11. what vaccinations are needed?

THAT IS ALL I SWEAR LOL

thankyou muchly =] xox

• 30 May 2014 DrewJordan said

DrewJordan

I can only answer some of these because I have yet to go on my Contiki :P So hopefully I can be of some help.

1. You book your extended stay nights before/after your tour with your travel agent. My travel agent just asked me if I wanted to come early before my tour or if I wanted to extend my stay after my tour. You just let them know how many nights and they add them with your itinerary.

2. I was thinking of the doing the London Explorer but decided to just do the extended stay option and do things myself. But that London tour does give you extra perks such as day passes and such but you could probably manage on your own. I choose the extended stay option to save money because I am not 100 percent sure what I want to see/do in London yet.

5. When I went to Peru I traveled with a regular suitcase with wheels and my back pack but that wasn’t with Contiki. I know tours with coaches as restrictions.I think it mostly deals with weight limitations. I am thinking of taking the same suitcase since its not large or heavy but I am going to look at other options.

Here is what the site says on luggage:
    Each person can bring:
    One large piece of luggage that’s going to be stored in the coach trunk during travel between cities.
    Max weight 44lbs & dimensions 73cm x 50cm x 25cm or 29″ × 20″ × 10″
    One small bag that can go on the coach with you (note: for safety reasons, it has to be a soft bag – no wheels or metal frames).

6. I am going on the European Magic. But I am planning on doing the Britain/Ireland tour on my next Contiki. :)

7. Once you book your tour, your travel agent will give you a itinerary number and that’s when you can join your tours “meetup”. There you can meet your fellow travelers and exchange advice. I think most groups may create a Facebook group as well on their own.

8. If you are looking for cheaper and don’t want to do the London tour, just choose extended stay with Contiki. Their hotels are good prices and they are centrally located in good spots.

9. I choose to do Contiki’s Travel protection plan – BerkleyCare. Or you can opt to purchase insurance somewhere else.

11. This is what the site says on vaccinations : “Please consult your doctor to find out which vaccinations are required. If you suffer from any form of illness or are taking a prescribed medication, be sure to have an adequate supply of medicines before departing on your trip. You must advise us directly, or through your travel agent, of any important medical conditions you may have before you depart.”

Hope this helps somewhat :)

• 30 May 2014 KiaWest said

KiaWest

I’ve never read that the backpack can’t have wheels before!

• 8 Jun 2014 Becky R said

Becky R

Hi Stacey, im not sure which country your from and if this website will work for you but give it a go! http://holidayhealth.co.nz
    You just type in which countries you will be going to and it gives recommendations on the vaccines you may potentially need. But your doctor will prescribe all the needed ones any way so this just gives you an idea :) Happy travels!

• 28 Jun 2014 jonny said

jonny

I just brought a normal suitcase on my New Zealand contiki tour. Actually recommend you take a suitcase rather than a Backpack unless you’re planning on doing camping :)

• 19 Jul 2014 Dubz1990 said

Dubz1990

Don’t think it matters if your suitcase has wheels but I wouldn’t recommend those metal suitcases as they would probably be a pain to try and fit into the bottom of a full bus.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion