Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Contiki Cough

24 Aug 2010 LadyRainbow said

LadyRainbow
Who was "lucky" enough to get the Contiki Cough on their travel adventure? How did you fight off such a monstrosity?
  • 19 Mar 2011 brookie-lee19 said

brookie-lee19

i think everyone gets contiki cough, u just have to cough it out hahaha

• 27 Mar 2011 Sophie91 said

Default_avatar

I got the Contiki Cough on my NZ Grand Explorer – didn’t surprise me as I tend to have a crappy immune system. I loaded up on Strepsils (cough drops that have antibacterial and numbing stuff in them) and tried to have a couple of early nights. Even though it slacked off towards the end of the tour I was still congested for about two weeks after my tour. Just load on fruit and veg, try to avoid the sick people and maybe build up your endurance before your tour – I went from staying home all day, all week to play hard and party hard. :) Good luck on your tour or hope it went well if you’ve already gone.

• 1 Apr 2011 Lana:) said

Default_avatar

Everyone gets a contiki cough, some are just more severe than others lol.
    i think brookie_lee18 summed it up when she said you just have to cough it out. i got it toward the end of the trip and by the time i got home i had the most hideous cough ever, i got some cough medicine which helped a little.
    I would however suggest taking some kind of cold / flu medication with you, i had to try and find some in italy which was crazy difficult.

• 2 Apr 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

I am going on the ultimate european in may this year and i got my doctor to prescribe me some anit biotics and dioreah tablets, gonna take cold and flu and Berocca as well. Hope all this works. lol

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion