Community_discussions_small  

Comment

GS 22nd Oct 2009

6 Jan 2009 Casey5 said

Default_avatar
Heya,

Is anybody else doing this tour?? it doesn't seem like many people are from the convo's here.
I am going alone first time ever and i'm scared, hopefully someone is on the tour, i think it would be a tad boring all on my own....
  • 7 Jan 2009 Rahmona said

Rahmona

Hey, Well I am still thinking about doing this tour. I won’t find out until April, but I am hoping that I am going to be doing this one. It is my first time overseas and I will be travelling alone as well. I was scared at the start but now I am just excited. Im not to sure but I think that the Grand Southern and The Sounthern Adventure are on the same bus just the Adventure finishes early for that group. But yeah Anyways so is this your first time overseas?? and where abouts are you from??

• 7 Jan 2009 Nic1983 said

Default_avatar

hey I’m thinking of going on this tour as well if I can save enough money in time. Waiting for some cheap air nz flights to LA to be available as well. Fingers crossed! If not I will be doing it in March/April 2010 which is way too far away!

I just came back from doing the Wild Western last year and I had a blast. I was with my boyfriend at the time and we went on it together but now I’m single so will be doing the GS by myself. Majority of the people on the WW were travelling by themselves and everyone was really friendly so don’t worry!

• 11 Jan 2009 Casey5 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for replying i was really getting scared noone else was on this tour! I am from Sydney, na not my first time went when i was 16 to London/France but was with my mum so that wasn’t scary. Where you guys from?
    Glad to hear everyone is friendly, i;m sure they are, still a little scared bout travelling alone but like you rahmona getting so excited!

• 12 Jan 2009 Rahmona said

Rahmona

Hey yeah when I first put something up I was a little worried cause It was like no one else was going either.lol. But yeah anyways I am from Brisbane, I have never actually been out of the country.. But yeah very excited about finally getting out to see something different… So what was your main reason for choosing this particular tour?? For me I have always wanted to see Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, and New Orleans. No Idea why, but yeah then I have always wanted to go to Alabama aswell.lol. Well anything different is always good… Well yeah it was great to hear back from you, and hope to hear from you again soon??

• 12 Jan 2009 Casey5 said

Default_avatar

ive pretty much always wanted to go to america and funny you say it but have always wanted to go to alabama!!! LOL also LA and New York of course, Miami, pretty much everywhere. if i can get threw travelling alone being away from family am considering living over there for a year or so. I am getting so excited though wish i could go sooner but wanna save heaps of money to go shopping and do everything on da tour!! Are you staying anywhere before or afterwards??

• 13 Jan 2009 Rahmona said

Rahmona

Hey Again,
    Yeah it’s weird how people usually want to see the same places.lol. I think living over there for any amount of time would be amazing. I would love to get up enough money to be able to go over there and live, and work. I just think that it would be a great experience. I have always wanted to do that but was too afraid to leave the country.lol. As for before or after the trip, I am not too sure.. I can’t leave before because my sister’s 18th is the day before I leave and she said I MUST go clubbing with her.lol. but afterwards I am not too sure. I would like to see more of the country but I guess I’ll see what happens. What about you what’s you plans for before or after??

• 14 Jan 2009 Casey5 said

Default_avatar

LOL – it’s always fun the first time going clubbing when your just 18! how old are you?? I am over there 2 nights before hands, den staying in new york after for 3 nights and than stopping Hawaii on da way back for 2 nights!! i am getting so excited it’s so far away but if da year goes as quick as last year i’m sure it’ll be here quicker than we can blink!!!! yeh living working over there for anytime would be awsome, i think i will get homesick but i’m sure ill get over it when i’m with people having da time of my life!

Default_avatar

I’m staying 2 nights LA before 3 Nights NY and than stopping in hawaii for 2 nights afterwards. It would be awesome to work/live over there i only hope i can afford it soon!! How old are you?? goin clubbin when your first turn 18 is da best, dat first night!! LOL i hope i dont get homesick, im sure i wont if i am doing stuff i just oct to be here SOON!!! lol

• 14 Jan 2009 Rahmona said

Rahmona

Hey,
    Yeah I think I will be the same if I am busy doing things I won’t think about home as much, just keep busy I think.lol. I am 24 btw, and so can’t wait to go either… (wish it were october already).. Yeah definately working over there would be great, a few years ago I was going to work in the summer camps.. But I didn’t end up doing it, still considering it though… Anyways how old are you??

Default_avatar

yeh, well i was actually looking at doing dat, or being a nanny, and same as you still considering it!!! i am 23, turning 24 this year! i wonder if anyone else is gonna go on da same tour??

• 18 Jan 2009 Rahmona said

Rahmona

Yeah I hope that other people are going on this tour aswell… I have heard of it being cancelled if not enough people go, so I really hope that doesn’t happen… But yeah still wish it was october already…

• 18 Jan 2009 dubsyj said

Default_avatar

Hey there everyone
    I’m hoping to do the grand southern tour later this year. I did the LA to The Bay in October last year and it was absolutely awesome. I travelled by myself for the first time too and I think it’s the best way to do it. You meet so many great people.

Which way round would most people be doing the tour. LA to NY or NY to LA??

• 19 Jan 2009 Casey5 said

Default_avatar

Awwww hopefully it doesn’t get cancelled :-(
    Hey Dubsy, was it alrite travelling by yourself?? did it ever feellike you were by yourself?? i think most people do LA TO NY?? i dunno but from reading the forums the majority are doing it that way.

• 21 Jan 2009 MMR86 said

Default_avatar

hey all,
    i’m hopefully booking a place on this tour this week or next week.

so excited for it, should be an amazing 26 days

• 23 Jan 2009 Casey5 said

Default_avatar

Hey there, glad to hear more people are going on this trp, and your right will difently be an amazing 26 dyas on the tour!!! you gonna book anything b4 or afterwards?

• 26 Jan 2009 MMR86 said

Default_avatar

from what i remember i think i’m leaving on the 21 october and staying a few extra days in NYC but i haven’t really made any plans, i’ll just see what happens when i get there

• 8 Apr 2009 natty88 said

Default_avatar

hey hey hey
    im doing it well should after i get the guts to book without my boyfriend lol

i have done 2 contikis of europe so i no there awsoe fun
    i will just be 21 fo this tour so should be great!!
    im from sydney///////and have a feeling most people on this tour will be aussies too!! lol

• 9 Apr 2009 Casey5 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

So glad more people are doing this tour should be awesome!! Why doesnt the boyfriend join you???
    Its getting closer and its getting exciting for me, first time travelling alone, well not alone cause ill be on da tour but you know what i mean! Where bouts in sydney you from nat?

• 9 Apr 2009 Casey5 said

Default_avatar

just read your oda comment – i am doing 2 night LA than 2 nights anaheim, den afterwards staying in NY for 5 nights, was gonna do Hawaii on my way back but it was all to complicated! R you doing any Pre/Post?

• 12 Apr 2009 Suz said

Default_avatar

Hey all… I’m going on this one on my own too! A little nervous as it’s the fisrt time I’m travelling on my own for so long! Sounds like it’s going to be a great trip though. I’ll be staying in LA 2 days before and NY 3 days after as well!! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.