Community_discussions_small  

Comment

buying a sleeping bag..

15 Dec 2007 keels said

Default_avatar
how much are the sleeping bags when you buy them thru contiki?? only cos i am travelling from aust and i going to be trying to fit in as much stuff as possible and a sleeping bag is gonig to take up ALOT of room!! if i can get one over there for a decent price i will be happy.. does anyone know how much they are over there??
  • 17 Dec 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Hi,
    I don’t know if this would work, but… you could take a sleeping bag that is old and that you want to get rid of, put it in your luggage thereby forcing you to pack lighter, and then just throw it away on your way home. Confused<!--graemlin::confused:-->

Nicky

• 18 Dec 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

I read in an old post that they are 20 pounds, which is roughly $50AUD.

Nicky has the right idea, you are better off taking one with you and disposing of it on your way. You will definitely appreciate the extra room in your suitcase for souvenirs.

Also, your sleeping bag can be packed on the bus seperate to your allowed luggage limit.

If you are having trouble fitting it with all the clothes you are taking, you may need to cut back a little…alternatively, drop some stuff and buy clothes overseas (and put them in the space previously taken up by your sleeping bag).

And an old sleeping bag is better, because if you spend $50AUD on a sleeping bag that you only use for a couple of weeks, it will be hard to throw it out…and if you can’t fit it in on your way over, you won’t be able to fit it in on the way home…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion