Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Paris must-see's

26 May 2008 MrsTonkin said

MrsTonkin
Since we get 2 free days in Paris on my tour (32 day camping) what would ppl recommend as the must see's? Figure we can see 6 things (3 each day). We (my hubby and I) are thinking of getting the 2 day Museum Pass for 35 euro - gets us in everywhere and can skip lines, as anyone else got this type of pass before?
  • 26 May 2008 Princessvixen said

Default_avatar

Go to the top of the Eiffel tower, see the mona lisa in the louvre(but get there before it opens), climb the arc de triomph, see the sacre couer, notre damn cathedrals, stroll along the seine river, people watch in the cafe’s!I could go on!

• 27 May 2008 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

I would do the Eiffel Tower too it has great views but almost just as good is the views from the Arc de Trimphe…benefit is that the lines are far shorter too and you get views all over Paris and see all the great monument including the Eiffel Tower.

I’d also visit the Museum de Orsay. Lots of famous artworks especially if your into museums and stuff…

I’d also take a walk down the champs Elysees and just take in the atmosphere, have coffee at an outdoor cafe, try some crepes (nutella is mmm nice)

I hear Sacre Coure is also nice…interesting church on the top of the hill…good views and interesting shops and stuff to look at and explore in the area..

• 27 May 2008 work2travel said

work2travel

All good suggestions!
    Make sure it is clear tho if you plan to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I left it til my last day, and the day I went was way smoggy. Couldn’t see much, and was quite disappointing after waiting all those hours. (No way to save that here!)

A real hi-lite for me was going to the top of the Bell Tower at Notre Dame. AMAZING view from up there- I saw all the way to Sacre Couer. And you gotta get a pic of the Gargoyles!

One of my best memories was packing a lunch of cheese, fruit, a croissant, and Orangina and enjoying it on a bench outside in the Rodin sculpture garden.

I made VERY good use of my Museum Pass, seeing a minimum of 2 a day. It is well worth it. I also used it to get into the Hotel des Invalides where Napolean’s Tomb is, as well as Versailles. If you like modern art, the Centre Pompidou is really cool and is not super-busy since it isn’t as well-known/popular.

Have a great time.
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 27 May 2008 MrsTonkin said

MrsTonkin

Brilliant – thanks heaps for those suggestions..can’t wait to get there and see it all!

• 28 May 2008 Leanne31 said

Default_avatar

hi, it might be a silly question but how do i buy one of those museum passes and how much do they cost?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion