Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best of USA, LA-NY, April/May 2015

16 Jun 2014 Dubz1990 asked

Dubz1990

Hey Guys! I'm thinking of doing the Best of USA tour around April/May next year. Just wondered if anyone else was planning the same tour around that time?

• 20 Jun 2014 Tal said

Tal

Yes I am thinking about doing the tour end of April just depends when there is tour dates as I can only find up until feb 2015 have you seen any??

• 20 Jun 2014 Dubz1990 said

Dubz1990

I haven’t seen any yet but I’m hanging out for them!

• 23 Jun 2014 Tal said

Tal

Me too.. Hoping they come out soon coz I’m so keen to book. Have u been over before?? Or been on any contiki???

• 23 Jun 2014 Dubz1990 said

Dubz1990

Nah, I’ve never been overseas before! I’d love to book very soon, it looks like the tours book out quickly and I’m so excited for this one! Have you ever been overseas?

• 23 Jun 2014 Tal said

Tal

I have only ever been to New Zealand and Bali never over to the US. Where are you from?

• 23 Jun 2014 Dubz1990 said

Dubz1990

I’m from Melbourne, Australia. How about you?

• 30 Jun 2014 Tal said

Tal

I’m from Melbourne too :) I’m thinking bout heading to a travel agent in the next couple weeks to find out if there is any potential dates there could be any tours mid April start of may. I also heard there is a usa sale in August through a travel fair in Melbourne so hoping some good deals on flights and extra nights :)

• 30 Jun 2014 Dubz1990 said

Dubz1990

Oh cool :) If you find out anything, can you let me know!
    Yeah there’s a travel expo at the Exhibition and Convention centre in August, I’m definitely going ! I’ve heard you can get cheaper deals/flights if you sign up on that day! Might be worth checking out!

• 1 Jul 2014 Tal said

Tal

Yes of course I will let you know :) n yes I think I’m going to go check it out too I just hope they have contiki dates by them so we can organise it round that… We will keep each other posted :)

• 2 Jul 2014 Dubz1990 said

Dubz1990

Did you see the new tour dates are up?

• 4 Jul 2014 Tal said

Tal

I hadn’t seen them but now I have yes.. :) yayyyyyyyy :) any dates your thinking in particular? I’m thinking maybe the 11th may tour ATM.. :) what bout you?

• 4 Jul 2014 Dubz1990 said

Dubz1990

I’ve decided to delay it by a month and do the tour on June 15th-June 28th. Will probably be booking it tomorrow with a travel agent! Big mixture of excitement and fear!

• 4 Jul 2014 Tal said

Tal

Oh nice… That’s awesome let me know how you go. Shame we won’t b on the same tour then :( we might get the travel bug haha might see u on another tour :)

• 8 Jul 2014 Jacz88 said

Jacz88

Hey guys just reading ur comments.. If u change ur mind I’m going to do the 20th July 2015 LA start!

• 8 Jul 2014 Dubz1990 said

Dubz1990

Just be careful guys, not all of the dates will be guaranteed which means they can call you like a month before you go and change/cancel the tour.
    I’ve decided to wait until the expo next month and book around that date and hopefully then they might know the guaranteed dates. I’m aiming for June 15th but will book any of the three dates in June.

• 8 Jul 2014 Jacz88 said

Jacz88

Alright no worries.. I didn’t know anything about the travel expo! I shall look it up now. Thanx Hun

• 8 Jul 2014 Tal said

Tal

That sucks coz I don’t wanna book my flights etc then they cancel it :/ did they say they might know by the expo??

• 8 Jul 2014 Jacz88 said

Jacz88

It doesn’t say anything on the website but it’s on august 10th I will be there

• 8 Jul 2014 Dubz1990 said

Dubz1990

Oh wait, I just checked out all the dates for the Best Of USA and it looks like they are all definite departures :)
    If you go to the tour page and click book now, it will bring up all the dates and the ones with blue triangles next to them are definite. They all have blue triangles which is good :)
    Makes me a bit nervous, hope they don’t book out before next month!

• 9 Jul 2014 Jacz88 said

Jacz88

I just got back from flight centre and no matter how many people on the tours they are all definite and wont cancel :) You don’t need to go to the expo at the exhibition centre as they are holding special days at flight centre shops with all the discounts in store. On the weekend of the 10th of August. So I will be booking my flights/tour for the 20th July 2015 through flight centre. :) cant wait!! USA here I come.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.