Community_discussions_small  

Comment

London - Athens April 13th 08

10 Feb 2008 miss stephanie said

miss stephanie
hey, im an 18yo female, travelling solo on this tour... bit nervous! i would love to hear from anyone else going on this trip! x
  • 10 Feb 2008 Jano said

Default_avatar

Hey there,
    i’m 26f and traveling on my own too.
    From country vic. Don’t be nervous you’ll be fine.
    Are you doing anything prior or after?
    I’m on this trip, and doing the short cruise of greek island after.
    Look forward to travelling with you,
    Jane

• 10 Feb 2008 miss stephanie said

miss stephanie

hey! so glad to have found someone else Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> im spending a few days in london before the tour, and then 2 nights in athens after… will you be in london before the tour aswell? its my first time overseas so thats why its a bit scary haha how bout you?

• 10 Feb 2008 Jano said

Default_avatar

I was getting worried i’d be on my own! ha
    Yep first time to uk, did th kokoda track last yr but i don’t see that as an os trip!
    I arrive in london on the 11th april so get 1 and a bit day to look around.
    The doing the aegean cruise it starts the day we finah in athens but just another night then the boat leaves the next day! its 6 day and stops at a different island each day – 900 bucks and plnty of sun and booze so will be fun and relaxing! my email is jano_ireland@hotmail.com so drop me a line and we can catch up in london!
    I’m excited now!!!!

• 25 Feb 2008 Explorer1080167 said

Default_avatar

We should all meet up together for dinner one of the nights before the tour leaves. I get in at about 10 am on the 10th

• 28 Feb 2008 miss stephanie said

miss stephanie

hey yeh, i get in on the 10th too, but at 7am i think.. or 6am…im staying at the Royal National hotel for the 10th 11th and 12th before the tour.. maybe we could meet up there and go out…

• 3 Mar 2008 kmaryn19 said

Default_avatar

Hello everyone! I’m 23/f, traveling with a friend also 23/f. We are coming into London on the a couple days early, arriving on the 10th, would love to meet up with anyone! So excited for this trip! We are also doing the Greek Island Hopping after the trip, is anyone else? Can’t wait to meet you all! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Mar 2008 miss stephanie said

miss stephanie

hey! where are you guys staying before the tour starts?

• 5 Mar 2008 Bari88 said

Bari88

Hi everyone!!! I’m the friend of Kmaryn (kelly). My name is Bari and I am so excited for this trip! We are actually not sure where we are staying before the tour starts. We were trying to contact some people, but we may end up finding a hostel to crash in for the night. I can’t wait to meet everyone and have the time of our lives!!!! :-)

• 5 Mar 2008 Bari88 said

Bari88

Where is everyone from by the way? I am from USA (Upstate New York if anyone is familiar with the area at all)

• 5 Mar 2008 miss stephanie said

miss stephanie

well, im from australia…. adelaide, SA… not long now!! 5 weeks to go!

• 14 Mar 2008 miss stephanie said

miss stephanie

Hey guys!!! its getting so close now… nerves are kicking in for me i think. haha. I have a question… Whats to go with sleeping bags, is everyone packing them inside your suitcase or outside… is anyone taking a suitcase in the first place?

• 17 Mar 2008 kmaryn19 said

Default_avatar

OMG, my nerves are kicking in too! I am both so nervous and so excited! I am going to bring a suitcase with wheels (I won’t be able to carry that thing!) and I am going to bring a sleeping bag from home and check it seperately at the airline. With our airline we can check two things. OMG, just over 3 weeks to go!! I can’t wait!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Mar 2008 miss stephanie said

miss stephanie

oh k awesome! thats what im doing aswell… its sooo close. i feel a little unorganised but i think thats just nerves lol Europe here we come!

• 18 Mar 2008 Kat said

Default_avatar

hey, im going on the same tour and getting into london on the 11th and leaving athens on the 8th – i think that’s when im leaving anyway! im from adeliade, so if anyone wants to meet up before the trip leaves – just so we know someone – i’d love to do that! otherwise it’d be great to meet up over there.

• 18 Mar 2008 Kat said

Default_avatar

hey i was also wondering if anyone is booking in for any tours or things to do during the ‘free times’ before you leave or do we do it when we get over there? because i dont want to book in things and then get over there and realise that there’s better things to do and likewise, i dont want to not book in and get there and not be able to do anything because i didnt do it – if that makes any sense!

• 19 Mar 2008 miss stephanie said

miss stephanie

Hey Kat, im from adelaide aswell, how old are you? where abouts are u in adelaide? maybe we could meet up…

• 19 Mar 2008 Bari88 said

Bari88

Wow I can’t believe how quickly this trip is approaching! Is anyone going to be staying over in London in a hostel before we leave for France or are those of you getting there early just staying at the hotel? PS- it’s great to know that I’m not the only one a little nervous about this! I think you guys are right it is a combination of excitement and the fact that I feel very unprepared!!! It’s going to be so amazing though! Can’t wait to meet you all Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 20 Mar 2008 Kat said

Default_avatar

hi miss stephanie,
    im 23 and will be having my 24th birthday on the trip which will be exciting and a bit different to the normal b’day!
    i live golden grove way, so maybe we could meet in town one day b4 we leave so that we can suss out whats happening with this trip and so we can know someone b4 we leave. are you staying in the royal national b4 u leave for france? i am and im getting there on the morning of the 11th.

• 20 Mar 2008 miss stephanie said

miss stephanie

well.. im 18! a bit younger but thats okay, my best friend is 23 Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> im getting in on the 10th and im staying at the royal national for the 3 days before the tour… yeh we should definately catch up… i’ll give you my email and we can organise it…

grungekitten89@hotmail.com

• 2 Apr 2008 Marc_D said

Default_avatar

Hey there! I just booked this trip yesterday so it hasn’t sunk in yet but it should be an awesome time. Unfortunately I only arrive at 6:30am the morning of the 12th so I won’t have much time in London. Can’t wait to meet all of you.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion