Community_discussions_small  

Comment

2010 - London to Athens with Greek Island

29 Aug 2009 miatato said

miatato
Hey, Looking at booking June/July London to Athens with Greek Island hopping.
Is anybody else thinking ahead like me... ?
The A Team are down... who else is?
  • 1 Nov 2009 Aussie86 said

Default_avatar

Me and a mate are doing the May 28th departure. Then we’re going to stay in the islands after the tour. Anyone else keen on this date? Can’t wait!!

• 5 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

I’m doing the 28th of May and doing spending some time in London before it starts

• 10 Nov 2009 Angie said

Default_avatar

I am looking into booking the London to Athens tour but most likely without the Greek Island hopping. Hoping to go in either May or June of 2010. Anyone else looking at the same tour and dates??

• 12 Nov 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

im tempted to push my trip back a week to the 28th of may, with so many from here doing it lol

• 12 Nov 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

haha yeh I just might… im not restricted with dates or anything so it wouldnt matter.

Yep Im from Wollongong, south of Sydney, and travelling solo (hence the name obviously) what about you (and everyone else)?

• 13 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

Stacey, I really think you should come on the 28th of May departure. I’m goin solo too. It’s my first time going overseas and its just after my 21st. So i think you should come whats a few days….

• 14 Nov 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

dont worry adam i wont hold it against you :P
    im only planning on doing the london to athens and greek island hopping with a few days in london before the tour… thats all i can afford unfortunately, otherwise id be over there for a few months!

tegan, i am thinking i probably will hehe cos ive love to meet people before i head over… will make me less nervous! i was originally doing the other one cos a friend would be over in london at the same time but ill just have to convince her to stay longer so i can see her.
    btw awesome way to celebrate your 21st!

• 14 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

Excellent Stacey I am doing the same as you a few days in london then the tour. I can’t get anymore time off work Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> So not looking forward to the flight from Athens to Brisbane though it is soooo long.

Don’t be nervous about not knowing anyone I’m in the same boat plus after 2 days you won’t be worrying anymore. It looks like a good tour I almost didn’t go the Greek Island Hopping but my travel Agent said i had to go. It will be interesting to meet everyone i think i am betting that I will be all shy and quite for the first hour.

What hotel is everyone staying at the night before???

• 14 Nov 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

yeh im definitely not looking forward to the flight over and back either but on the way home Im going to stop in bangkok for a few days for some shopping (if i have any money left over) so that will break my trip up thankfully.

Im not too nervous but i probably will get a bit when it gets closer and dont worry Im usually a bit shy when I first meet people too.

Im staying at the royal national cos its easier and fairly cheap. what about you?

• 14 Nov 2009 Kayleigh88 said

Default_avatar

Aloha – i’m doing london to athens, its booked for 5 August!! I’m doing the greek islands seperately though afterwards .. hello awesome!!

• 15 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

Excellent Stacey!!! No I fly straight through with a 4 hr stop in Dubai. I’m staying in the Royal Notional too for the same reasons. I can’t wait to explore london.

The tour does sound awesome Kayleigh88.

• 15 Nov 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

oh man that will be a long flight! i think id go crazy lol
    London should be good … theres so much to see! we should meet up before the tour or something Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

i think im gunna go book on saturday so then ill be a definite. cant wait to have it booked

• 15 Nov 2009 Angie said

Default_avatar

hey hey,
    are u all doing the Greek island hopping?? and how come i don’t see a departure date for the 28th of May?

• 15 Nov 2009 Kayleigh88 said

Default_avatar

You guys are going to have sooo much fun! I’m dreading the flight over there as well .. im doing melb > dubai > london and then munich > dubai > melbourne on teh way back! Hopefully the stop overs make it easier, im a bit freaked about the long flight by myself though!

Default_avatar

yeh a long flight by yourself doesnt sound fun hey and on the way over itll probably feel extra long cos you will be excited lol

hey angie, im doing the greek island hopping.
    thats really strange that you dont see a departure date for the 28th but ive noticed that people have said they are going on a certain date and i dont see that date so its really wierd but im going by what the brochure says lol

http://contiki.com.au/tours/13…artures#trip-planner
    thats the link from where im looking at dates

Default_avatar

Haha I do agree … ive done it before, but always with mum or dad so this’ll be interesting and its different airports haha .. oh hey, tip – emirates offer 30kg’s luggage limits, so its that little bit extra on the way home if youre planning on buying up!! xoxo

Default_avatar

ooh thats pretty good cos i know ill shop a lot! not sure who im gunna fly with yet ill see what my travel agent can come up with.

Default_avatar

Good plan .. usually if youre booking a contiki and flight at the same time they can work out a deal with emirates coz they work in conjunction with each other or something! I got $600ish off the flight price by booking them together than if id done them seperately! Good luck :-)

• 15 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

It should be bthere Angie I was looking at it this morning.

I wanted to stop in Munich too Kayleigh88 but i decided to take a different flight. I wish I had more time at the end of the tour but my plan is to come home for a month or two and the to maybe go off again not sure yet.

Stacey we should definately meet up before the tour starts I get in late in the afternoon on the 23rd of May. When are you planning on heading over.? Are you still meeting you with your friend in london?

I have created a facebook group for the 28th of May departure ayone whos coming should join. Here is a link http://www.facebook.com/pages/…ay-2010/178278272871

Do you know what i think is going to be one of the hardest things on tour waking up early. I hate mornings!!!

• 16 Nov 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

I will probably be there around the same time as you cos i wanted to spend 4-5 days in london. not sure about my friend, id say probably not cos she is doing a contiki tour that ends on the 10th of may so she would have to hang around for quite a while and i dont think she was planning to stay that long. ah well!

ooh im not looking forward to the early mornings either … i plan on napping on the bus lol

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.