Community_discussions_small  

Comment

2010 - London to Athens with Greek Island

29 Aug 2009 miatato said

miatato
Hey, Looking at booking June/July London to Athens with Greek Island hopping.
Is anybody else thinking ahead like me... ?
The A Team are down... who else is?
  • 16 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

Excellent, good to know I’m not alone on the whole morning thing. I am great with the staying up all night but when it comes to waking up early is just not a skill I have acquired.

Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> about not getting to meet up with your friend but Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> cause I will have someone to see the sights with!!!

• 16 Nov 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

im exactly the same, great with staying up late.. terrible at getting up early. i think the fact that we will be in awesome countries might be enough to force us out of bed though :P

yeh it will def be good to have someone else to see things with in london!

i hate that its so far away, but its good that i have plenty of time to save too. does anyone know how much spending money they will probably take?

• 16 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

I’ve been reading reccomendations from others and they say anywhere betwenn 100 – 150 euros a day but it all depends on how crazy you want to go with shopping as well as the optional extras and anything else.

Default_avatar

yeh ive read that too, i think ill just save as much as i can so i dont have to worry about money.

• 16 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

Thats what I’m doing to… Do you have any extra’s in mind that you don’t think u wanna miss out on?

Default_avatar

i think ill probably do most of the optionals. might give a few a miss im not sure though. one i definitely want to do is the gondola ride oh and georges boat ive heard thats really good.
    and ive read that you should definitely do the first dinner cos its a good opportunity to get to know everyone. im not sure about the nouvelle eve yet cos its so expensive might depend how much i save. but like i said ill probably do most.

what about you?

• 16 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

I want to do them as well!! I had a friend who was a dancer at the Moulin Rouge and that is way out of my budget so I am thinking about the Nouvelle Eve. I am definatley wanting to do Pompeii though.

Default_avatar

yeh I want to do pompeii too, and the other city tour ones too probably.
    so much to do and see lol

• 16 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

I know i don’t wanna miss out on anything. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Who are you flying with??

Default_avatar

im not sure yet i havent booked (ive been trying not to get distracted whilst my exams are on) so ill prob book on saturday but i think ill probably go with qantas or thai airways cos i want to stop in bangkok for a few days and i dont want to have other stop overs as well and most other airlines stop in other places.

• 16 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

Exams… got to love them!!! I wanted to stop in Singapore but it didn’t really matter to me

Default_avatar

oh yes they are so much fun… ah well im finished this week.
    i went to thailand 2 years ago and i just loved it so i couldnt resist a quick stop there too.

• 16 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

Jealous!!!! What are you studying???

Default_avatar

business management and employment relations…. fun stuff :| lol
    i finish this year though so this trip is my graduation present to myself haha

• 16 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

what a good graduation present to yourself. Oh that is fun stuff I’m on a leave of absence from uni and I have to say i don’t miss the exams

• 16 Nov 2009 Kayleigh88 said

Default_avatar

Ohh .. i originally wasnt doing Munich but its the 200th anniversary of Oktoberfest so i was like yuppp gotta be there for that! We’re going a few days early to do the concentration camps and then making friends with beer for a few days Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Hehe i’m with you both on the early mornings … hello travel pillow for the bus!

• 16 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

I hate Beer but I am trying to learn to like it and its not just beer its wine too. I am a total russian drinker give me vodka and sambucca any day.

Oktoberfest in Munich would be awesome! I’m jealous

Default_avatar

I totally completely hate beer too!! SO whenever i’m away with my guys and play kings cup, naturally they all pour beer into it in the hope that i will get it .. evil!! I will drink it for oktoberfest tho and probably not be able to walk .. i am such a vodka person as well!! I knoooow and 200th anniversary, itll be massive!!

• 16 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

I learnt to drink Rum for my outings with the boys so i should be able to conquer beer and wine. i hope any tips???? My friend has said to try Pure Blonde first i haven’t got the courage yet i have 6 months to do it.

Default_avatar

yes lol start with umm oh gosh i forget what they’re called … i think they’re called fusions and they’re in a green bottle? THey have a hint of lime lol SO much easier to drink!! wine, i can manage white wines, start with like zibibo and moscato and then by the time you get to something that is grosser you’ll have taken the edge off :P

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.