Community_discussions_small  

Comment

2010 - London to Athens with Greek Island

29 Aug 2009 miatato said

miatato
Hey, Looking at booking June/July London to Athens with Greek Island hopping.
Is anybody else thinking ahead like me... ?
The A Team are down... who else is?
  • 16 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

Ok so my next day of i will try to taste a beer or a wine. Thanks for the tips. Have you heard of the massive pub crawl that operates in london i want to do it but i don;t think it wil be operating Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 16 Nov 2009 Kayleigh88 said

Default_avatar

Haha anytime! Totally let me know how you go!! Nooo i havent actually … but it would be so so so cool .. i have two things i want to do in london haha, a photo in a phone box thingo and a double decker bus tour, but i think i want to do the pub crawl thing now :P why do you think it wont be operating? xo

• 16 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

It’s called the Monopoly Pub Crawl you visit 26 Bars on the streets snd stations off the Monopoly Board. They also suggest you only have half a pint at each. Now I know I wouldn’t be able to drink at everyone cause I would get really sick afterwards and I will be trying to avoid being too hung over early on. But I think it would be heaps of fun and a great way to break the ice.

I wonder if anyone has done this??? It sounds different to the OZ pub crawls plus it would be an awesome story to tell.

Default_avatar

Hahahaha wowwwwww that sounds soooo cool! 26 pubs, geeeeez I would have no hope of standing if i drank at every one of them :P hehe .. it would be a bit of an effort!! LOL I reckon when I go to europe I might just get my first hangover … i dont get them at all lol, my friends hate me .. and i’m usually the drunkest one whoops!! It does sound completely different to anything here, i just love that its based on monopoly haha that’s cool as!

• 16 Nov 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

oh i am with you girls, hate beer and not a fan of wine. i like champagne so im going to try slowly getting into drinking wine lol

that pub crawl sounds pretty cool tegan, shame its not operating!

Default_avatar

Ohh yes champagne does go down a little bit better … i work at a law firm so at all of our functions we have wine and champagne, so im the loser that requests OJ to make it a bit more bearable :P Oh well, i’m the youngest so i get away with it!

I just googled it .. http://www.monopolypubcrawl.org.uk/route.jsp
    but it doesnt say anything about anything, like signing up for it or whatveer .. i guess you could do it by yourself if you print off the directions and follow them hahaha … just get your own group together kinda thing .. totally not as cool though!

• 17 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

The First one I found was like a massive annual one being held in london and they were going to start doing it in Munich but i think the lst one was in 2007 or 2008. I think it would be awesome, maybe i will just drag stacey along….hehehe

• 17 Nov 2009 Kayleigh88 said

Default_avatar

oh damn .. maybe you’ll get lucky and they’ll start again! haha yessums drag her along … ill be in london with my friend claire, she will totally do something like that with me!

• 17 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

I just think your only there in that moment once so there is no point in missing out on anything so why not do it

Default_avatar

No i totally agree .. and its a great story for when you get home hehe. I plan on doing everything that i want to do while im there so i come back to melb with no regrets!!

• 17 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

I went on a pub crawl last year and it was so much fun and it only went to 10 bars to imagine 26.

Default_avatar

Lol you wont be able to walk Razzer<!--graemlin::p--> i’ve done the gold coast pub crawl, that was pretty wild, but i think that only went to like 8 if that?!

• 17 Nov 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

when i click that link it just goes to the australian site so i cant view it.. its very wierd though, i mean the dates shouldnt be different :S

are you thinking of doing the 28th tour?

• 17 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

Angie maybe you should send them an email or give them a call I was at my travel agent today and it says the 28th in the brochure and their are still spots available for the 28th as well. i hope this helps Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

Thats no good Kayleigh i want to be able to walk!!!

Hows exams Stacey??

• 17 Nov 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

yeh i would check with a travel agent too… but still it should be the same, so obviously they have made a mistake somewhere.
    my exams are nearly over.. one more tomorrow morning… im a little too excited to concentrate though lol

• 17 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

Well Good Luck!!! don’t study to hard

• 21 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

Angie this is because they allow travel

• 22 Nov 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

i wonder why they do it differently for different countries. To me, it seems really stupid to have different dates in different country’s brochures… waaay too confusing!

im assuming angie is from usa or canda? cos i remember hearing something about allowing for travel… but it takes us aussies longer to get there totally doesnt make sense to me.

ah well, angie you should join us on the 26th/28th Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Nov 2009 Angie said

Default_avatar

ya i don’t get it either?! i will check with a travel agent before i book anything. thanks guys!

• 23 Nov 2009 Chris said

Default_avatar

I am doing the London to Atherns + greek island tour departing 20th, is there anyone else that is doing this tour. This is going to be my second tour and am looking forward to going back. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion