Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ultimate European in 2012

9 Sep 2010 KeenToTravel said

Default_avatar
Hey all,

Just looking to see if anyone is doing the Ultimate European trip in early 2012.

Im looking at doing it late March, so i can get on the tour that goes through Turkey for Anzac day so i can be there for the dawn service!

This trip will finish mid July and then i would like to stay in London for a couple weeks afterwards, to see the Olympics.

Cant wait! Long way off i know, but need to plan and save enough money, so im there with no worries what so ever about money!

Any advice on the trip, how much to save? How many people usually are on a UE tour?

any help is good help! Thanks
  • 27 Jun 2011 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

Hey! Im thinking of going on the UE tour, but Ill be doing it at the end of June 2012, as thats when I finish uni. I will be staying in London after for the Olympics though! Cant wait. :)

• 17 Jul 2011 GEM said

GEM

I did the exact same tour this year – take warm clothes and your sleeping bag to ANZAC day! If you search the discussions for “Here’s some tips for the Ultimate European tour” I’ve written a huge list of things that might help you. It’s such a great tour.

• 31 Aug 2011 Airnz_F/A_21 said

Airnz_F/A_21

Iv booked this tour for 28 march 2012 can’t wait!! R u still going on this tour?I can’t wait for anzac day it’s going to be awsm over there!! Iv heard that we should budget about £100 euro a day seems alot whn u convert it in to NZD! I’m just saving hard!! So I dnt need to worrie about running out!!!

• 31 Aug 2011 GEM said

GEM

Airnz – I took a travel card with NZ$7500 on it – I didn’t really keep track of how much I was spending but I ended up coming home with NZ$1000! (And that was when the $$ wasn’t so high!) I did all the optionals and didn’t really hold back on the spending, I was just sensible. (I did put a separate NZ$600 on my Credit Card for a turkish rug though.) But if you’re a big shopper/drinker maybe take a bit more, just in case. :)

• 2 Sep 2011 Airnz_F/A_21 said

Airnz_F/A_21

Gem- Thanks heaps for that it’s really helped! I was going to go with about that amount!! I’m a shopper so probly will have to watch what I buy! Thanks again

• 2 Sep 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

Hey guys I did the UE tour this year, if ya wanna read about it check out my blog http://bit.ly/conlink you are gonna have an awesome time, so wish I was here for Anzac day but seeing Anzac Cove was amazing :) Let me know if I can help with anything.

• 2 Sep 2011 Airnz_F/A_21 said

Airnz_F/A_21

Awsm blog thanks!

• 7 Sep 2011 Jade* said

Default_avatar

hey!!
    ive also booked the tour departing 28th March 2012. cant wait for ANZAC day aswell!
    Have you decided on Egypt or Greek Islands?

• 7 Sep 2011 Airnz_F/A_21 said

Airnz_F/A_21

O yay that’s awsm Jade*!! Um Iv decided to do the Egypt Option! What option are u doing? Can’t wait going to be amazing just went and paid for my trip in full today!!

• 8 Sep 2011 Jade* said

Default_avatar

i decided on the Egypt option, also ive always wanted to go to Egypt! super excited for it. Oh yay for paying off your trip ill have mine paid off soon, cant wait it will be awesome. are you travelling anywhere else? staying in london before or after? going solo?

• 28 Sep 2011 Jesse said

Jesse

Hi! I’m also doing the Ultimate European leaving March 28th 2012, but doing the Greek Islands, Can’t wait!

• 5 Oct 2011 Rozie Graham said

Default_avatar

Hey all, I’m on this one too!! Can’t wait!! GEM, I read through your post, it was so helpful thanks so much! :) x

• 5 Oct 2011 Mel said

Default_avatar

Im on this one too!! Can’t wait!! I’m a little freaked out going on my own so it’s so helpful to hear everyone elses experiences

• 5 Oct 2011 Courtney said

Default_avatar

pretty sure im doing this one to and thinking june 24th. going on it solo anyone else travelling after

• 12 Oct 2011 Airnz_F/A_21 said

Airnz_F/A_21

Hay Jesse,
    Nice to meet someone else on this tour too! I can understand how u feel I’m a little freaked out too but once I’m there and on tour I’ll be fine! Its also helped to getting to know some of the girls already on this trip too and knowing I’m not the only on travelling alone! Rozie, Jade and myself have added each other on FB if u have it!

• 12 Oct 2011 Jesse said

Jesse

Hi Airnz,

Its good to find you guys! its my first trip overseas so I’m really excited, I have one of my friends coming with me and we are doing the Great Britain and Ireland tour a week after the Utimate European ends, should be an awesome experiance!

• 16 Oct 2011 Danni said

Danni

im thinking of doing it in late april-early june so ill be there for my birthday.

• 17 Oct 2011 Mel said

Default_avatar

I’d love to join you guys on face book, would be good to see some familiar faces when we get there!! Sooo excited but still freakin out a little! Have you guys seen any good day tours to do in London?

• 17 Oct 2011 Airnz_F/A_21 said

Airnz_F/A_21

Hay Jesse and Mel,

One of the girls Melissa has started a Facebook group for our tour! My names Katrina Scaife by the way, you can find me on facebook under that ( I have the same profile pic as I do on here ), then I can add you to the group and you can add people too who you find on our tour!

I was looking at doing the two day London tour before our Tour starts or maybe after not 100% sure yet!

• 17 Oct 2011 Airnz_F/A_21 said

Airnz_F/A_21

Hay Danni,

U should so do this tour its going to be kinda once in a life time tour to do, tho I do plan on going back to some of these places one day, I know this already before I have even gone to these places lol!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion