Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ultimate European in 2012

9 Sep 2010 KeenToTravel said

Default_avatar
Hey all,

Just looking to see if anyone is doing the Ultimate European trip in early 2012.

Im looking at doing it late March, so i can get on the tour that goes through Turkey for Anzac day so i can be there for the dawn service!

This trip will finish mid July and then i would like to stay in London for a couple weeks afterwards, to see the Olympics.

Cant wait! Long way off i know, but need to plan and save enough money, so im there with no worries what so ever about money!

Any advice on the trip, how much to save? How many people usually are on a UE tour?

any help is good help! Thanks
  • 26 Oct 2011 MyTravels said

MyTravels

• 30 Oct 2011 Quilbo said

Quilbo

My travels n Court!!! :) lol, im psyched to hear that there are other people staying on to work n live for a while!! :) i am hoping to pick up work behind the bar in a live-in job.. im told its pretty easy for aussies to get a bar job.. from looking on the net ive seen that to apply for the jobs u have to be available to work within the 3 months so i cant really start looking for work until feb cuz the tour doesnt end till May.. i dont really have any idea where i wana be located thou.. where were u guys thinking?? wat kind of work r u guys guna be looking for?? it shouldnt be too hard.. its should be warming up by that time n hopefully there will be a lot of ppl hiring.. :) im excited!! :) lol..

• 30 Oct 2011 Courtney said

Default_avatar

Quilbo, im not sure where ill be looking for work but i dont think ill do a live-in job as i herd that you actaullt have to pay and its not worth it… well im a hairdresser here in brisbane so it would be good to get a hairdressing job but then i also wouldnt mind bar work or anything really :)

• 30 Oct 2011 MyTravels said

MyTravels

Good to hear other people r looking at staying!! I would look at bar work, child care or office work, about living arrangements, I have a few friends over there atm but would prob look for somewhere in a house mate sitch and have heard its pretty easy and may have a few contacts, theres companies that can organise a job for when you arrive (ask flight centre etc) and that takes the worry out of it? one friend will be meeting me in in early june and staying on also! very exciting!!

• 26 Nov 2011 Eliza said

Default_avatar

I’ doing the UE Departing March 28th also…I’m going solo and am doing Greek Islands!! So exciting!!!!!

• 20 Dec 2011 Kelli said

Default_avatar

Hey! I’m doing the 28th of March UE plus Greek Islands as well! I’m looking forward to it so much!

• 20 Dec 2011 Jesse said

Jesse

Hi Kelli,
    We have a facebook group for the March 2012 tour… https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/300763846604084/

• 8 Jan 2012 loz21 said

loz21

im doing this tour as well :) dparting the 28th of march with the egypt option :) im keen to meet others on this tour as i will be travelling solo :)

• 8 Jan 2012 Eliza said

Default_avatar

Sweet!! I’m going Solo too, I think maybe a few others are aswell… One of the girls made a Facebook Page! You should join it…

• 8 Jan 2012 loz21 said

loz21

Is anyone staying after the tour? Im staying to work there :)

• 13 Jan 2012 loz21 said

loz21

I’ve added the group on facebook for this tour but it hasn’t let me see anything about the group yet.. Who accepts the friend requests for the page?

• 14 Jan 2012 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

Hi Loz!

Im doing this tour in June, but I am also staying after to work. :)

• 14 Jan 2012 loz21 said

loz21

Aww yay :) well my tour finishes in may but il be there till next year :) would be good to have someone else there that I know and that’s working :) I’m traveling solo :-p

• 14 Jan 2012 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

Oh awesome! Not sure if you’ve already joined, but theres a really good group on Facebook of people who are moving to London. Theres a bunch of us from Brissy that are going to meet up some time in Feb before we all go over.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/moving2london/

• 14 Jan 2012 loz21 said

loz21

I joined the group :) would love to meet up too with you all :) get some contacts and such and discuss it all :)

• 15 Jan 2012 loz21 said

loz21

do you know what day and or time everyone will be meeting up :) slash where :)

• 15 Jan 2012 loz21 said

loz21

oh i also added you on facebook just in case my request isnt seen :) i joined another group and my request for some reason cant be seen…

• 15 Jan 2012 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

Not sure of date or time yet, but It’ll be some time in Feb. And thanks for the add. :) Which other group did you join?

• 15 Jan 2012 loz21 said

loz21

I joined the ultimate European tour leaving in march :) I’m going solo so I wanna know some of the people il be with :-p

• 15 Jan 2012 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

ahhh ok. Yeah I have about 45 in the group for my tour, so pretty close to everyone :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.