Community_discussions_small  

Question

ULTIMATE EUROPEAN + EGYPT

8 Jul 2014 Erin J asked

Erin J

I am looking at doing the Ultimate European + Egypt tour in 2015. Hoping for Spring weather over there, so March/April/May while it's Autumn here is Aus. I have never travelled overseas before and was wondering if there are any other people looking at doing this tour too! :D

• 8 Jul 2014 Soph1303 said

Soph1303

Hey Erin, I’m looking at doing this tour with the Egypt option as well in May next year. So excited – can’t wait for the dates to come out so I can book it already! I’ve travelled a little but before but this will be my first solo travel experience, so slightly nervous but extremely excited at the same time :D

• 10 Jul 2014 Erin J said

Erin J

Well It sounds like we’re interested in going around the same time! Do you know when they’re releasing the dates?

• 10 Jul 2014 Soph1303 said

Soph1303

Pretty sure they release them in September :)

• 12 Jul 2014 Shelby said

Shelby

Hey guys I’m interested in going around April May next year also I looked at doing this your too,
    But couldn’t decide weather to do a big one like this or a couple of smaller ones and travel in between. The running of the bulls and a couple of the festivals over there would be amazing too!!

• 12 Jul 2014 Soph1303 said

Soph1303

Hey Shelby, my plan is to do the best of both worlds – I want to do the ultimate european + Egypt and then do the Berlin + Prague tour and/or do the Greek Island tour afterwards. And then before and after I’ll be spending time with family in the UK. You’re right it would be great to try and book the tours so they coincide with some festivals while were over there. Any idea of what kind of festivals are running May/June/July time?

Shelby

The Greek Island tour is something I definitely want to do! Or Turkey /Croatia Island sailing. Yacht week would be amazing!
    I haven’t had a closer look but I will I’m just at work atm.

Shelby

I know the running of the bulls just happend ( my friend did it last week )

Soph1303

Haha sneaky check of the contiki website whilst at work? Actually sounds like something I would do :D
    Agreed the Greek Island tour looks amazing! I could do it as part of the ultimate european but I really want to do the Egypt option so I figured if I did it after I could get the best of both worlds!

• 12 Jul 2014 Erin J said

Erin J

Really random question, do you know if on this tour there’s an opportunity for adventure activities like skydiving, bungee jumping, etc? I’ve never really done anything like it but what better place to do it than the other side of the world!

Soph1303

I know there’s optionals such as paragliding in Austria. As for skydiving I’m fairly sure it’s not a contiki optional but people have done skydiving in say Switzerland through a local company rather than contiki. Have no idea about bungee jumping though!

• 12 Jul 2014 Erin J said

Erin J

Ok thanks Sophie, I’ll have to look into it :)

Shelby

Hahahahaha yes Sophie that’s me; nothing better but to check contiki at work ;)
    Yeah I can understand that, Egypt would really be an amazing experience… And maybe doing a separate tour of the Islands would be better in regards to having the tour specifically for the Mediterranean/Greek Islands

Shelby

Erin, would be amazing to have optionals like that

• 16 Jul 2014 Erin J said

Erin J

I just received an email with confirmed 2015 dates for the Ultimate European + Egypt tour. What dates are other people thinking of going? They’ve told me 28th March, 12th and 26th of April. 10th May and the 24th May.

• 16 Jul 2014 Erin J said

Erin J

I’m thinking the 10th May-23rd of June

• 16 Jul 2014 Shelby said

Shelby

If I did this one it would be the May one!

• 18 Jul 2014 Soph1303 said

Soph1303

Omg I just saw the email to day they’d been released! Eeeh! I’m literally so excited right now :D!
    Almost definitely going to be booking the 10th May one as well!

• 19 Jul 2014 Steve617 said

Steve617

is contiki still touring through egypt? I know some tour groups are not going to egypt for safety reasons, i was looking at doing this tour around the same time too!:)

• 19 Jul 2014 Shelby said

Shelby

Yea I had a look on smart traveller.gov and it said for Egypt to “reconsider yor need for travel there” in the precaution column. Not sure though would be good to know…

• 19 Jul 2014 Soph1303 said

Soph1303

From what I hear if you book on to the Egypt option and contiki deems it unsafe they will put you on the Greek Island option instead and refund you the extra money. Not 100% on this though, but this is what I’ve heard

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.