Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best European tour - 2015

10 Jul 2014 JoeyHB asked

JoeyHB

Looking at doing a longish tour in May/June next year? Was thinking about The Big Chill - has anyone done this or any other camping based tours and how was it? any limitations e.g not being based in the city etc? Thanks!

• 12 Jul 2014 Shelby said

Shelby

Hey Joey, I was looking at doing something similar; a longer tour, and then staying in London for a bit and travelling around/working.
    I have read that in some of the camping trips it can be out of town. But I’m not 100% so don’t hold me to it.

• 14 Jul 2014 Darceyn said

Darceyn

I’ve pre-registered for the European Adventurer which is 37 days so thats a decent length; but rather a Concept tour not camping, more of your hostels and Contiki locations I believe. So I think I can deal with that.. I’m definitely not a camper haha!

• 14 Jul 2014 Shelby said

Shelby

Haha, I’m so undecided which one I’m set on doing, have a little time as the dates aren’t out yet but they all look so good!

• 14 Jul 2014 Darceyn said

Darceyn

The lady I was speaking to says the brochures come out in September! Seriously so excited, only 51 weeks to go… how sad haha. I’m surprised I haven’t started packing yet!

• 15 Jul 2014 Shelby said

Shelby

Hahaha I know! Not counting down or anything ;)
    Are you thinking of doing a little travelling before hand? I would love to go to Ireland!

Shelby

Really want to go to Ireland, Croatia, Turkey as well.

Shelby

Have you’s looked at the bus about passes ?

• 15 Jul 2014 Darceyn said

Darceyn

I want to do the Croatia or Greek Island hop thing! Otherwise I’m planning to get to London a bit earlier and have a little wander, just nervous about being alone.
    Have you found any you want to do beforehand? And what are the bus passes babe?

Shelby

Ahhh so with you on that; would love to do Croatia or Greece! Yacht week would be amazing too. Apparantly turkey is better than Greece?
    That’s me also, I’m worried about doing the solo travel before hand/Inbetween because il be alone and my first time which is nerv racking. I think doing a bit of travelling before the contiki is a good idea, or after once you’ve met a few people who might be doing similar.
    The bus about passes sound great ( but like I said I was worried about going off doing solo travel) so basically you get a bus pass for the season and choose a route and the bus pass ( around $700) goes to all them stop a so a stop might be ins Spain and you may really like it and decide you want to stay a little longer and go across to Ibiza so you can actually stay there longer and then when you want to continue on your route you go back to Spain and the bus picks you up and you continue ( there’s daily busses going past) I think doing it that way sounds great if you have a few smaller places you want to go off and venture on but I would be a little scared doing it alone. There could be people on the bus though that want to do the similar thing so you can go off with them as well.

• 15 Jul 2014 Darceyn said

Darceyn

Ohhhh that sounds sick! I just don’t know how I’ll go being away for so long.. Not sure if I’ll be able to spend more time beforehand cause of uni exams, I’m more concerned about funds haha like after a month not working and my impulse buying of fun things… Ahhhhh girl so much to think about seriously already looking for clothes to take with me :( I shouldn’t do this to myself!

Shelby

Well on there it recommends having abt 40 euro a day for everything and 20-30 euro for accom
    I know I’ve already bought all my stuff because I thought I was going this year but I needed to save More so I’m going next year. Just save and commit how often would you get that opportunity ;)

• 14 Aug 2014 mbenjamin said

mbenjamin

Anyone doing The Easy Rider? :) I’m probably going on that one next year june/july!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion