Community_discussions_small  

Question

solo USA trip 2015 june/july

14 Jul 2014 Danielle asked

Danielle

Hi im thinking of doing a solo trip next year and was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it is difficult to meet people/ make friends whilst doing a solo trip, I dont want to get half way through and be loneltly haha thanks

• 15 Jul 2014 kyra said

kyra

Hi,

Im thinking about doing the same next year at the same time & im sure it will be fine! 60% of people who go are solo anyway :)0

• 15 Jul 2014 Danielle said

Danielle

Oh awesome!! Do you know which one your thinkibg of doing?

• 15 Jul 2014 Jo said

Jo

I’m doing the same around April/May :)

• 16 Jul 2014 Danielle said

Danielle

I just looked in the great sourthern one starting in new york but it doesnt go in june/july?

• 16 Jul 2014 Jacz88 said

Jacz88

Hey I’m in the same boat.. I’m traveling solo in July on the best of USA tour! Nervous but excited.

• 16 Jul 2014 samie said

samie

Hey me and my younger sister at looking at going July 2015 on the grand southern tour. Starts in Los Angeles I can’t wait.

• 16 Jul 2014 kyra said

kyra

Thats the one i was thinking of Danielle! But starting in LA and finishing in NYC. I think the dates dont come out until next month!

• 16 Jul 2014 Danielle said

Danielle

Oh ok yeh I changed mine to starting in la and finishing in nyc I think im gonna go on the one that starts 2nd of july and then just having a couple days extra in LA and NYC

• 17 Jul 2014 kyra said

kyra

Sounds good! :)

• 17 Jul 2014 Dubz1990 said

Dubz1990

I’m going solo in June next year. Doing the Best of USA tour from 15th-28th, then spending a couple of extra nights on Rodeo Drive at the end. I’m nervous too but I’ve heard that majority of the people who do Contiki are going solo!

• 19 Jul 2014 Ash said

Ash

I’m travelling by myself doing the Grand Southern starting July 2nd LA to NY….so nervous cause it’s my first time!

• 19 Jul 2014 Dubz1990 said

Dubz1990

Anyone else as impatient as me? I leave June 14th next year and it seems like a lifetime away even though people keep telling me it will come really quickly!

• 20 Jul 2014 Danielle said

Danielle

Im doing the same one as you Ash! im nervous too best reckon its gonna be amazing!

• 7 Aug 2014 Jason said

Jason

Hi All. I’ve just booked myself onto the Grand Southern starting on 2 July as well! I’ve met a few people who’ve done it and they say it’s awesome. Can’t wait!

• 28 Sep 2014 WanderlustBec said

WanderlustBec

I’ve just booked in to do a solo trip starting with the LA Explorer then the Grand Southern in July/August. Is anyone else doing these trips? The dates are 18th-22nd July for the LA Explorer and then 23rd July – 17th August for the Grand Southern. First time overseas by myself so freaking out a little, but so excited!

• 21 Oct 2014 Brent skez said

Brent skez

Hi Danielle,
    Im going on the same trip July 2nd, I’m also going by myself best way to travel & make new friends:)

• 21 Oct 2014 Sarahfromnewzealand said

Sarahfromnewzealand

Grand Southern in June, theres 1 that starts on the 11th of June I think :)

• 22 Oct 2014 Brent skez said

Brent skez

Hey sarah,
    I’m in New Zealand next week :)
    Is there any where good to go out in Wellington?

• 22 Oct 2014 Sarahfromnewzealand said

Sarahfromnewzealand

Hi
    There may be a New Zealand forum already on here. Im not sure if you mean places to visit or places to go out at night. If you search wellington into Google.com it’ll come up with Stuff to do. It’s not a really big place. Thanks :)

• 22 Oct 2014 Brent skez said

Brent skez

Thanks Sarah,
    No 1 has been there so thought I’d give it a shot & ask a kiwi.
    All good I’ll just look it up, I’m looking forward to the grand southern trip next July. have you book or just looking at dates?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.