Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai Island Hopper West - 17th Jan 2015

21 Jul 2014 Juan asked

Juan

Hi guys, me and 3 other mates booked for this tour on the 17th Jan 2015. (2 guys, 2 girls). still far away, but luckily time flies. Hope to meet lots of fun and interesting people. Got ourselves the pre- and post package as well. 2 days prior and 2 days after. Can't wait!!!! Who else is booked for this date?

• 27 Jul 2014 Juan said

Juan

• 10 Dec 2014 Chandre A said

Chandre A

We were going to do this tour but moved it to 10 January, we also arriving a day before the time, are you also booked in at Sawaddi the day beofre the tour depart. i want to book us there for 1 night, but a big part of me is saying rather experience another hotel closer to the beach.. so we a bit in between at the moment

• 10 Dec 2014 Juan said

Juan

awe! yes we’re booked at Sawaddi. i have browsed other hotels in the area, but some looks dodgy, some very expensive and then the rest has a few disturbing reviews on trip adviser. lol. Sawaddi was the safest bet for me, and it also means you dont have to travel from one hotel to the other. rather just stay at one place while you’re in Phuket, and travel via taxi or scooter. :)

Chandre A

Did you book via the internet or travel agent? they replied and said they have availability and they do shuttles as well which is not pricy at all, are you taking the cab or the hotel shuttle? so true regarding the dodgy reviews, i wanted to be spontaneous lol but clearly that aint working out that well for me lol also meant to ask do you know what the Beach Experience is that is part of the ME Time options for this tour? we are doing the James Bond Island but have no clue what the other option is

• 10 Dec 2014 Juan said

Juan

booked via travel agent… we’ll probably use a cab when arriving at the airport. I have no idea what the James Bond Island experience is like, but sounds like there’s explosions involved. lol. Pretty sure we’ll only check out all the packages once we’re there… How much spending money are you budgeting on per day?

Chandre A

The spending budget changed a couple of times i am still not sure yet, i think i am going to make a list of what it is that i want to do and based on that i will set money aside for shopping and spoiling myself. My friend took R10 000 but she didnt go with Contiki and ended up travelling in Asia and flying from the west to the east . I saved up R5000 for spending money, don’t really want to touch my credit card so i am hoping to work with that. I am busy reading the reviews on the trip hopefully i will see something regarding the excursions

• 10 Dec 2014 Juan said

Juan

kan jy afrikaans ook praat?

Chandre A

lol Ja ek kan :-)

Chandre A

www.beccaasjourney.wordpress.com – go check this out, got it on one of the reviews, it is a blog someone did about the trip

• 10 Dec 2014 Juan said

Juan

website word geblock by die werk. sal moet kyk as ek by die huis kom. het julle klompie al n facebook group geskep vir die toer? niemand van ons weet hoe groot die groep eintlik is nie. travel agent vertel my daar is veronderstel om 52 in n toergroep te wees… mmm?

Chandre A

ons was met die London / Paris Contiki toer June 2012 en het sowat 50 mense gehad in die groep niemand check in op die meetup group nie maar glo my daar is so baie mense op die toer, dit maak dit fun, ek love dit!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.