Community_discussions_small  

Comment

London and Paris question

12 Dec 2010 Explorer1207846 said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone,

My brother and I are going on the London and Paris trip next summer and I was wondering if anyone who has been on the trip can speak to the scheduling of events. (i.e. Are the bath and stonehenge trips on the same day, what time do you leave london and return to london? what night is the musical? is there time for dinner beforehand? what time do you leave to go from london to paris and what time do you arrive in paris? what day is the versailles tour and when do you return to paris? what night and time is the moulin rouge?) I'm sure there are others I can't think of, but if anyone has been on these trips I'd really appreciate the info. Thanks.
  • 13 Dec 2010 Hayley said

Hayley

Hi there! I haven’t done this tour (actually considering it for next summer!) BUT I did do the London Explorer this past August and did a day trip to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath with Evans Evans Tours (The operator that Contiki uses) and they did hotel pick ups around 7:45AM and took us to Victoria Station. There were boarded a bus that took us to the sites. The farthest point is Bath, which is about 2 1/2 hours from central London. Stonehenge is about 45 minutes to an hour from there. We arrived back in London around 7PM so I assume with the L&P tour it’s also going to be a full day.

Hope this helps a little!

• 31 Dec 2010 Emma B said

Emma B

hey there,

i have done this toor in may 2010 it was amazing by the way! i did the amsterdam extension though. I found it was best not too worry about the planning and times your tour guide will let you know all this stuff. The point of the tour is to just go with the flow worry free…. but to answer some of your questions.
    the trip to stonehenge and bath are the same day. It is a long day you spend a lot of time in the coach but the plus side is you get to see the country side. If you do not want to do the opintional activities you can still go for the ride. We were only at stonehenge for about an hour. Bath we spend quite a bit of time BUT its a town you can do shopping, have lunch and site see. its a really pretty area.
    We did see a musical in london – “chicago” i didnt enjoy it really i was kind of boring but again you dont have to go you can just leave the group and meet back up later.
    we left london at 8am got on the bus and drove to the whitecliffs of dover which that is where you drive aboard the ferry that you take to paris. we got to france around 3pm than it was about an hour and a bit drive to our hotel. – the location of the paris hotel isnt that great its not a safe area be careful!
    the versailles tour was the 2nd last day in paris. I loved going to see the palace but the tour was kind of stale. but again you can always wonder away and meet up later.
    Moulin rouge in paris was great!!! not everyone went from our group becuase it was expensive but its worth the expereience. its dinner and a show they feed you well and give you lots of wine Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> i think the show started around 7pm it went till about 10pm and theres a great bar right beside that we spent the night at!! paris parties all night long!!!

like i said at the begining just go with the flow and dont miss out on anything! you will meet a lot of people and have the time of your life!!
    hope this helps.
    if you have any other questions about the tour feel free to send me a message Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Jan 2011 Explorer1207846 said

Default_avatar

Hi Emma,

Thanks so much for your response. I agree, I think for the most part I’ll just go with the flow for this trip.

One more question for you. Around what time did you return to Paris from Versailles? I had wanted to do a half day trip to Reims and there is a train that leaves at 1pm, that I was hoping to make. If it’s too tight, I’m sure I can fit in Reims elsewhere in the trip (especially since I have the 2 extra days in Paris).

Thanks so much.

• 2 Jan 2011 Emma B said

Emma B

no problem. the trip to Versailles was in the afternoon. I remember leaving around lunch and coming back for dinner. You might have to save your day trip another day. The first full day you are there you are pretty much off by yourself. the whole tour group goes to the eiffel tower to take the group photo and than your tour manager will let you know what you can do and when you have to met back up. (louve,notre dam etc)

one word of advice for paris is taking the metro!! things are further than you would think. My feet hurt so much after paris it took a few days to recovery and i ended up missing things because i could barely walk.

• 25 May 2011 leah_the_singer said

Default_avatar

what were the hotels like?

• 28 May 2011 Gemma said

Gemma

Hey… Thanks for all the info.. Just wondered for Paris, is the perfumery trip the sometime as the versailles? I’m not too keen on perfume tour cause Im prone to migraines… Lol
    Thanks

• 3 Jun 2011 LaurieC524 said

LaurieC524

I am doing London, Paris and Rome July 9th. Emma-thanks for all of the detailed info. I am getting really excited!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion