Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Back From Winter Wanderer!!

21 Mar 2007 RamonaH said

Default_avatar
Hey everyone!

I've just come back from the winter wanderer tour. I had a fantastic time, it was an experience i can tell you!

If anyone has any questions i'll be happy to answer whatever i can!
Before i left i was stressing about every little detail, so i know how you guys (who haven't been yet) feel!! Smiler

Ramona
  • 22 Mar 2007 RamonaH said

Default_avatar

It wasn’t as cold as i thought. The first couple of days in London were about 5 degrees. However when we returned after the tour it was alot warmer. Overall it was about 10 average. As you go down south (Spain, Nice, Rome) it gets warmer!

Don’t panic, a warm jacket and you’ll be fine. Also dont forget they have heating everywhere so it was always warm inside. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Ramona

• 22 Mar 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

What dates did you travel? I’m doing this tour through Jan 08.
    I’ve heard the queues are shorter, as are the daylight hours…did you get to see everything you wanted to see?
    Did you get to go up Mt Pilatus? Did you stay there? Could you see anything?

• 22 Mar 2007 RamonaH said

Default_avatar

Hi ashleightara,

I travelled from 10/2 till 5/3. Most places didnt have queues except the Vatican. We waited for 1 1/2hr only to be told at 12pm that they aren’t letting any more people in! Arghhh…Our tour manager organised for us to go the next morning. (I didnt go as i was sick and really needed the sleep in!)

We weren’t able to go up to Mt Pilatus due to bad weather. The cable cars don’t operate if its windy as its too dangerous. We stayed in town instead. That was disapointing, but you cant help the weather so be prepared for that!

You’ll never see everything you want in the short time you’re there. We madly ran around paris all day and still didnt see everything. On the 1 night stops you dont have any time to see the city, mostly just go in for dinner or whatnot. I would of loved another day in Paris, Rome, Venice, Berlin, Amsterdam and Munich! It just gives you a taste of the cities so you can decide where you’d like to go back to.

You’ll a wonderful time there’s no doubt about that! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Ramona

• 22 Mar 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

Thankyou both Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    As for the Vatican, I discovered (though I swear I checked earlier) that my tour will be in Rome on a Sunday, its closed then right? So unless there is a chance of visiting the next morning (you’ve given me hope Ramona…) I may need to leave the Sistine Chapel til my next visit to Rome. I’ll make sure to throw a coin in the Tivoli Fountain to make sure I get back Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Other than that, I’m very excited about everything. An addition this year is the the trip goes to Prague (and skips the Rhine Valley and Hamburg) which should definitely be a highlight.

If either of you post any travellogues or photos on the net please let me know (though I saw your awesome pics ages ago Miss Janeo Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> )

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion