Community_discussions_small  

Comment

*** EURO IMPRESSIONS ***

9 Jan 2007 aussiedavo said

Default_avatar
hey, i just wanna know if anyone is on the 3rd of may impressions tour...... 19 y/o from sydney.... going by myself....
Davooo
  • 17 Jan 2007 Renee44 said

Default_avatar

I think I may be going on the same one…arrive May 2nd London then depart?? Well Im Renee, 29 female going by myself!

• 21 Jan 2007 Chiefer said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, my names Ryan, 23 yr old from Melbourne, cant wait for the tour on the 3rd, counting down the days!

• 21 Jan 2007 Renee44 said

Default_avatar

Hey Kelso..
    Oh Im sooo excited to be going! Its my first time to Europe so I thought going by myself this would be a perfect way!
    Im 29 and from California. Im glad to have this chance to speak with people before I go! I had a feeling that doing this tour will just get me saving every year for a new trip.
    So going to a new city everyday or so still make it fun? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 21 Jan 2007 Chiefer said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone feel free to drop me a line too

ryantc@optusnet.com.au

• 22 Jan 2007 Renee44 said

Default_avatar

Hey Ryan..
    So is this your first time to europe?

• 22 Jan 2007 Chiefer said

Default_avatar

Hey Kelly and Renee

Yep, first time overseas actually, and hope it isnt the last time either!

In the UK a week before the tour and then to the Greek Islands when the tour stops in Paris on the way back, so got a taste of everything!

• 23 Jan 2007 Renee44 said

Default_avatar

Hey Ryan and Kelly-

Ryan, wow sounds like a fantastic trip you have planned. I will be heading back to London for one extra day then heading home on the 22 I think. Wish I was headin to the Greek Islands. Would love to go there too.

Well Im a 29 year old female. Im a nurse and work on a cardiac unit. I love my job! But also need this long awaited vacation!
    It sounds like everyone is staying at the Royal National..is that the Contiki hotel? For some reason Im at the Imperial. hopefully that is close…if not I think Im going to see about changing hotels. Does anyone know?

Talk to you soon…

• 24 Jan 2007 Renee44 said

Default_avatar

Well I wonder why I was booked at the Imperial. I’ll have to check…would it differ that I got my trip through a travel agent…I wonder. Well if its 15-30 mins out then I want to change.
    My email is naynay44@comcast.net I done have msn or yahoo. Guess I should set one of those up.

So guys what city are yu most excited to see? Well Kelly guess you have already been to most. What city did you like best?

• 28 Jan 2007 Mellini said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,

Well it’s Sunday evening in Australian and the weather is great. I sitting in the lounge looking over my itinerary with a beautiful glass of Margaret River wine. I truely do love living on this side of the planet but am soooo looking forward to seeing Europe!!!

I’m booked on the European Impressions tour which departs on 3 May and I cant wait!! I was originally booked on the one a week before but my travel agent has informed me that that particular tour was cancelled due to poor numbers. Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> So now I am booked on your tour and am soo excited!!! I have never travelled very far before so you could say I am a novice traveller from Oz…

I arrive in london 5 days before the tour to do some London site seeing before the tour starts and will stay at the Royale, which I have heard is no palace but is clean and an ok stay. I leave Sydney on 26 April, so I get to spend ANZAC day at home, which I am looking forward to a few games of 2 up. If you are not familiar with this game I will explain it on the tour…it’s basically a game of heads or tails with the flip of three coins.

I cant wait to meet you all!!! Drop me an email at mell_arg@hotmail.com

Cheers,
    Mell

• 9 Feb 2007 CanadaJess said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,
    I am also going on the May 3rd tripSmiler<!--graemlin::)--> I am a twenty year old from Canada. I am a theatre design student and I also design while I am in school. In fact I will be designing two shows that go up in June right when I return haha so I have to design them fully before I leave and then keep in contact through email over the trip. Oh the stress! haha I am soo looking forward to it though. If anyone wants to talk feel free to email me or add me to msn: jessicachantel@hotmail.com

Jessica

• 14 Mar 2007 JESSIIII said

Default_avatar

hi guys im jess. 19 yr old aussie girl from perth. im going by myself so im stoked to hear im not the only one doing that! counting down now hey. gettin amped!!! im going to be staying on in london for a year after contiki so if anyone wants someone to share a place with…??? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Mar 2007 Mellini said

Default_avatar

Hey Jess,

It looks like there are quite a few of us doing this tour on our own. I am 33 years old (but dont really act my own age) and am looking forward to the adventure!!! I am staying at the Royal and arrive in London on 29 April so that I can site see around there first.

Drop me an email at mell_arg@hotmail.com

Cheers,
    Mell

• 28 Mar 2007 Mellini said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,

Thought I would give you this great web address I found where you can prebook tickets for West End theatre, London Eye and stuff like that. There are options in the ‘book online’ section that allows you to buy fast track tickets so that you dont have to line up when you get there.

I am going to book the London Eye, London Thames cruise, West End Theatre tickets and Madam Tussauds. So if any of you are going to be in London before the contiki starts, let me know as we sightsee together. I am looking at being on the London Thames cruise and London Eye on 30 April or 1 May. Plus there is a 10% saving when booking online….which I need because of the Aussie dollar exchange rate. Its definitely worth having a look at.

I’ll also post this information on the contiki message board.

http://www.londoneye.com/VisitorInformation_hb_obt.aspx?sec=vi&productid=515

Cheers,
    Mell

PS: Less than one month to go!!!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.