Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern or Grand Northern?

26 May 2010 NZtoUSA asked

Default_avatar
I really want to do both tours after each other (with about 3 days between in NY). I thought I would have a 3 month break that I would be able to travel through USA.
However, I just found out I have a 1.5 month break, something I have to be in NZ for, and then another 1.5 month break. I would be able to get both tours, but I would get back to NZ on the day of state exams, having no study done, and if planes delayed etc. it would not be good!
Would people recommend GS or GN. I was soooo looking forward to doing both, but just don't have the money to fly to USA back to NZ, back to USA then back to NZ within 3 months, lol.
Just wanted to know everyones thoughts!!!

Thanks
  • 26 May 2010 Pervy said

Pervy

When you were first looking at the tours which one jumped out at you and made you think man I have to do that? Thats what I did when I was looking at doing a tour. I chose the Northern as it went more places I wanted to see, i’ve since done the Southern and both tours were great.

• 12 Jun 2010 Pirate Tara said

Default_avatar

As someone who lives in the US…I would say do the Grand Southern. Personally, it visits way more truly amazing places. I’ve been to most of the places on both tours and I just think that the GS offers more must-sees like Vegas, New Orleans, DC, etc.

• 20 Jun 2010 scott-australia said

scott-australia

ive done the grand northern and would highly reccomend it. you visit heaps of national parks which are a must see plus niagara falls which is breathtaking to see. oh and vegas

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.