Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Pre tour meeting

29 May 2007 carly said

Default_avatar
Hi,
I could only get flights which get in to LAX late in the evening, the night before the tour starts, now I've read a few postings that talk about a pre-tour meeting, and I'm worried I'll miss something! Is it something i should try and change my flights for or will it be okay?

Carly Confused
  • 30 May 2007 Gail Anthony said

Gail Anthony

Hi Carly

I’m not sure what time your flight is due in but the hotel in Anaheim is about an hour drive from the airport (in case you haven’t sorted out transport to the hotel use the supershuttle website and pre-book. it’s a bargain about $18).

If you get in too late you’ll be really tired for the first day, which is usually 7:45am bags to coach. I think the pre-tour meeting is around 7 or 8 pm and it’ll last for at least 40 mins.

I’d try and get in a bit earlier if I were you.

Gailx

• 1 Jun 2007 PinaI said

PinaI

The pre-tour meeting will simply outline what’s ahead, introduce you to your TM, driver and tour mates and give your TM a chance to check your passport and collect your contiki vouchers.

It’s a not a big deal if you miss it but it might be worth contacting Contiki and/or the hotel and leaving a note for your TM saying that you will be arriving late and will meet them first thing in the morning to hand over your details.

There’s always someone who is not at the meeting or those staying somewhere else who only show up on the morning of the meeting so there will no doubt be a fair few people doing the same thing.

You’ll be fine if you get in late in that sense but yeah, you’ll probably be stuffed on day one of the trip! LOL, bus sleeping straight-up for you!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion